Thread: IBS? Or is it cancer???

Unhappy IBS? Or is it cancer???

Hi..

Its 4am as I write this because Im trying to calm down. I know I should get properly checked, but I'm almost scared they'll find something. I know its super unlikely. Im 19 and a female with no real family history of bowel cancer especially, to my knowledge?

It all started some time in 2016 I believe. I went to the bathroom and was startled by the blood on the tissue. I went to the doctor, but she dismissed it. Any symptoms, some cramping, subsided very quickly after the visit. It flared up again in august of 2017, only for months this time, until november, about. Cramping, bouts of diarrhea and consultation, gas and bloating.. Occasionally blood as well, though always bright red. I still think this is mostly due to piles of hemmeroids or something... New doctors visit, she told me it was probably nothing but recommended me to a GI. I never ended up following through with the appointment..

Recently I started an anti depressant, which made my stomach (maybe it was the anti depressants?) Flare up badly for a few days. Looser stools, gas and cramping, the nine yards. I felt a bit more of a.. More isolated pain to the right of my belly button for a day or so? Its calmed down a bit, all of the symptoms... But I just went to the bathroom and noted an almost odd smell to the bowel movement? Not super alarming, almost a bit like chemicals like? Maybe due to the medication, perhaps. Also small, black speaks in the bowl movement, but only in a small area! Google said it might be bleeding, which sent me into a panic attack again. Its probably something I ate, but I'm still.. :((((

I know I need to get scanned to wrest (or confirm) my fears.. I cant stop imagining some sort of mass inside of me.

Thank you for listening..

Re: IBS? Or is it cancer???

First of all STOP GOOGLING! Give your anxiety med time to work.

Quick update: recently Ive had diarrhea with mucus and patches of what might be blood, as well as those little peppery blotches sometimes. Im concerned my medication is contributing to some bleeding, so I'm gonna wean off of it. Its a bit of a blood thinner as I know, so if I wean off, it should help at least a bit.

You should consult with your doctor before weaning off medication. Also, it's meant to help you with your anxiety. Weaning off may allow your anxiety to return in force.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hey everybody, I haven't been worried about my condition since.. I was last posting here, here. Now for this, this week I've felt.. Not great. Its been leading up to my menstrual cycle, which I just got yesterday. Having that same pain along my right side near the belly button, also near my hip. Currently also near my stomach up top too. I believe Im a bit bloated and swear I can feel some little lumps..Its been differnt then how my normal periods are and I'm scared... I've started fearing I'm going to just die again haha.. Some of it is probably my period symptoms, Im just worried something else is going on as well.

Thread Information