Thread: Sick & Tired Of Anxiety Ruining My Life! Hopeless & Depressed

Sick & Tired Of Anxiety Ruining My Life! Hopeless & Depressed

I'm so sick & tired of this. I've been so scared for 5 months, scared of sickness, scared of dying. Everytime i hear someone just died, i get even more anxious & scared. I've got so many physical symptoms & they all scare me & make me think it's something major like my heart or brain. On a good day i know it's anxiety but most days are bad (or most parts of the day) and i am getting so depressed & feeling so alone & SO HOPELESS!!!

When will I be cured? I was normal 5 months ago. When will I be normal again?
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

Re: Sick & Tired Of Anxiety Ruining My Life! Hopeless & Depressed

Hi I am the same. Just posted a new thread too. Feeling so low and depressed cos of anxiety. Hope we find support x

Some people have been suffering with anxiety for over 20 years! It's so terrible. And some people have recovered. I want to be better again. I live in fear everyday & it's so draining. I can't enjoy anything in life anymore. I can't even take meds cause i'm too scared of the side effects & meds won't get rid of the underlying problem which is my fear of death since a death in my family. Doctors & psychologists don't make a difference :(
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

Smile Re: Sick & Tired Of Anxiety Ruining My Life! Hopeless & Depressed

Hi there my name is Mave.
    I have had 3 bouts of the most terrible anxiety, the first was 20 years ago, the second 5 years ago and this bout for 8 weeks so far.

Each time is a new battle but each time I get over it eventually, I do it
    by cherishing each symptom free minute that comes my way and then the good patches get longer and longer and then it's gone.

I have had everything on the symptom list and some that are not!!

Hi Mave

Well I am on my first bout and I hope to god I get through it as it makes you feel crap!!!!!
    Good post though.

Sharon

i try to cherish every symptom-free moment but at the back of my mind im just waiting for something bad to happen. and well it does, deserve that i guess. i cant completely enjoy when i feel good.
    - - -
    - - -

I think it's strange that around us all these people are being diagnosed with terminal illnesses & people getting heart attacks & strokes all the time & all of us on this site, thousands of us, have absolutely nothing physically wrong with us, just mental & emotional. This is why it's sooooo hard to believe we're fine!!!
    - - -
    - - -

Hi Mom

Yes agree with you, if only we could accept that there is nothing wrong or get over this as quick as it came on us?

Sharon

Hey there try reading any book by Dr Claire Weekes its invaluable advice she gives and makesyou feel that you are not going insane. Plus maybe avoid watching the news fora while as thats always filled with doom and gloom x

Thread Information