Thread: sleep disturbances - would value some feedback

sleep disturbances - would value some feedback

hi all
    In the last few days i've had anxiety kick back in in a big way - i can reason through most of it and resort to my coping and calming strategies but the worst bit has been being unable to rest or sleep

everytime i try to drift off i "dream" immediately and startle myself awake - this inlcudes at night or if a try to take a nap in the day. In the day if i do stay asleep for a bit i wake in a very shaky state - at night i can get 4 hrs sleep (which i understand is a normal cycle that we usually do twice) but then i am unable to get off again with the same startling awake as the day - very tiring and scary and have had to stay off work

has anyone had anything similar or any explanations - i normally sleep reasonably well but had these sleep problems 2 years ago when i had a major anxiety and depression breakdown - scared that this is a relaspe - hope that its just a blip

thanks jos

Hi Jos

These posts may help Hun,

Sleep help
    Sleep zzzzz
    insomnia, insomnia, insomnia etc....
    Sleep problems
    HELP! Problems with sleeping.

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Wow Jos, you are describing just what happens to me. Much clearer than if I described it though!

I d have trouble getting off to sleep and feel jittery and nervous (though not anxious during the day). I listen to Paul McKenna relaxation on MP3 which helps. Then I do wake suddenly about 4 hrs later, and have the same trouble again. Always good to know you're not alone! [^]

Thanks Andrea for posts.

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Thread Information