Thread: I Really Struggle Sleeping

I Really Struggle Sleeping

Hi all,

Yet again I had trouble sleeping, I get into bed and I can feel a PA coming along mainly caused by the thoughts and worries that go through in me head, I just can't seem to relax no matter how hard I try and whatever I do it's the same story. I don't know how much more I can cope going without a decent sleep. The fact that I have sleep alone again after living with someone for nearly a year and knowing there's someone to hug if you feeling anxious doesn't help either that they are not there anymore so I am having to adjust to that too, so many things to contend with and struggling with everything.

Sorry for the rant, thanks for reading.
    Take Care.

Re: I Really Struggle Sleeping

Hiya,

I understand what you mean, I go through something similar and it can be very scary when you're on your own.

I'd suggest talking to your doctor to see if he/she can give you something to help you get to sleep. My doctor gives me temazepam occasionally for when it's really tough, and it really calms me down before bed, and keeps me asleep all night - I wake up with panic attacks most other nights, but I never have done when taking the medicine.

Hope you're ok, Nikki

I live alone and have only returned home about a week ago after having such bad anxiety I had to move back in with my folks for 3 weeks. I couldnt sleep. I was getting1 maybe 2 hours of sleep a day. In the end I got so exhausted that I had to sleep whenever I could.

Maybe go to the doctor to see what they suggest.

I struggle to fall asleep, mainly because I don't want to sleep! I know it may sound crazy, but what I am experiencing when I am about to fall asleep is very similar to the depersonalization I get when having a panic attack, so I just struggle to keep myself awake... I know I shouldn't and I do get so sleepy, but just can't help it... *what if I don't wake up in the morning?*
    It's silly, I know...and it's not even the fear of being alone - I don't live alone!

Ana

When I explained to my doctor that I was having trouble sleeping he suggested that I relax and try to get a good nights sleep as that would help me.
    It would be funny if it wasn't true but that's exactly what he said to me.
    It's almost as if he thinks I WANT to stay awake all night

pfffft

mick

Mick,

You're serious, right? Jeez, that doctor of yours must have a twisted sense of humour...

LOL

Thread Information