Page 26 of 507 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venafaxine good stories please !!!

afternoon all, well another nooo bad morning for me still a way to go but really feel as if i'm getting there, must learn to cope with the off days but when you start to feel better then dip, it is hard, but i know it's the way it works.

kate how are you hun, hope you are doing ok, please let us know. xx

pip, how are you ? lovely weather again here in sunny yorkshire going to make the most of it. hope you are too xx

nicola hope you feel better soon, i really do rate the ven, hope it works for you too xx

Hi all,

Glad to see you're getting there Pink . You're right, coping with the bad days is really important to give us the best shot at enjoying the good days.

Weather here has now perked up after a foggy start. Just been to buy some trees for the garden and am now planning where to plant them.

Take care and enjoy the sunshine

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi folks, well this is me just in from the garden (too hot) i have had yet another good day oh i can't tell you how pleased i am, i have been lying in my recliner sunbathing, chilled and relaxed, can't believe i'm writting this, even had dinner outside it was so nice.

see my pysciatrist in the morning 9am, so hope he is pleased with my progress.

nicola hope you enjoyed your aprty and are feeling a bit better now xx

kate how are you, hope you are doing well too xx

and to pip this yorkshire sunshine is so gorgeous, and i hope you are enjoying it too, and are feeling ok xx

So Pinkdove you take 75mg in the morning and 37.5 in the evening?
    Glad to hear you're feeling so much better. Any anxiety or sense of foreboding? xx

hi kate no my anxiety is almost completely away, i did have low moods for a few days last week, but my mood has lifted, had a couple of really good days, so fingers crossed. how are you doing ?

Hi guys. I'm new here so hope u don't mind me posting? I was currently on citalopram switched to Prozac which I don't feel great on so docs have suggested ven for me. But I'm worried about starting it as I don't have the slow release capsules and I am USELESS at taking tablets at the same time also worried about switching AGAIN.

There doesn't seem to be as many success story's as I'd like to see about ven. Is this because it's not as commonly prescribed as citalopram or Prozac etc? If so is there a reason y? Ooooooooh I just want to feel better. I suffer from mmd, gad and OCD.

Is ven not as good as ssri's? Y are they not prescribed as much as ssri's?

Sorry for all the questions. Just not sure weather to start them or not?

Thanks guys x

Hi ven is usually a last resort AD when others have failed its also alot more expensive for gps to prescribe so they tend to try the usual SSRIs first, it is supposed to be a very effective AD for anxiety and panic, id def give it a shot, im 2 wks in taking 37.5mg in the morning and 75mg at night, my physchatrist wants me to be on 150mg eventually as that is the recommended dose for anxiety and panics x x

hi louabihudd and i was taking citalopram for the second time and i feel it just did'nt work so well for me, so i asked for venlofaxine, i can tell you in my experience i have found it to be a much gentler ad than cit, i have had little or no side effects from it and i switched straight over from citalopram.

it is a newer ad than cit and prozac and is more expensive to prescribe , i have the ordinary tabs to, not the slow release ones's and i find them ok, although i set my mobile to remind me about the night dose.

they are better taken with food,and about 12 hrs apart, i have been on them just short of 8 weeks and i would suggest you give them a try, we are all here to help and support you.
    there are a lot of sucess stories on here to, go to the forum and look at effexor/ venlofaxine, and you will find some. hope it goes well for you and keep posting

What dose are you pinkdove?

Im on 37.5mg in the morning and 75mg at night aiming to get to 150mg on slow realease next time i see physchatrist x x

Page 26 of 507 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread Information