Thread: Avoid alcohol.

Avoid alcohol.

I do not advise anyone who is depressed because of their anxiety state and this includes panics, to consume alcohol as a way to cope. i have personally used alcohol so many times when ive been so pissed off at my state of anxiety or panic and you end up with so many other problems. You need to find the lift that works for you personally and it has to be as natural as possible too. The bitterness at your own incapability is a tough one. Theres nothing wrong with any type of escape from that as long as it is natural and healthy.

Re: Avoid alcohol.

Good advice.

It's been shown on this site that those posting about alcohol obviously cannot handle the consequences of drinking. Besides that, most drugs used to treat anxiety and depression recommend limited use or abstaining.

If you can handle it?.. Good for you... Otherwise lay off the sauce and find other ways to cope.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm in the same situation which is why I don't drink alcohol anymore. I already had a history of depression before I started drinking in my late teens, but I abused alcohol for a long time and eventually became depressed and unstable as a result. Now it comes back very strongly whenever I drink. I think you will just need to stop drinking and pick another recreation drug that isn't as damaging to your health.

I used to drink years ago when I was taking antidepressants and was just fine. Fast forward a few years to when I developed anxiety and now I can't even stomach a pint. I think it's purely an individual thing. I haven't had a drink in almost 4 years. Don't miss it whatsoever.

I love me a good glass of wine at the end of the evening. Maybe even 2 or 3. I've been ok with it. I think that it is an individual thing. I would definitely say to avoid heavy drinking because hangovers can easily trigger anxiety attacks. But I guess its ok to feel good with your friends every now and then if you can handle it. Just beware the hangover lol

Thread Information