Thread: Anyone else have high bilirubin?

Anyone else have high bilirubin?

I had a blood test recently and my bilirubin was 3.3. Then it dropped to 2.7 in another blood test 48 hours later. Nothing else was abnormal in the blood tests.

A year ago I have old blood test results that said my bilirubin was 2.2. I know the top of normal range is 1.9. I don't smoke, I very rarely drink alcohol, I'm not on any medications and I weight train three times a week. 29 year old male.

Have had a lot of episodes of stress, anxiety and panic in my life over the past 12 months.

No other symptoms aside from (likely) HA-induced abdominal discomfort, gas and itching.

Had an abdominal ultrasound two months ago - before the latest bilirubin tests - and it came back clear.

Any similar experiences out there?

Re: Anyone else have high bilirubin?

I had slightly elevated bilirubin a few months ago the Dr said it was still 'normal' even though it was still slightly out of the normal range - next blood test about 4 months later was within range.

I have high bilirubin and have been diagnosed with Gilbert's Syndrome. Incidentally it can make you itch.

Mine has always been high but the doctor doesn't seem concerned. Some medications (including antidepressants and pain killers) can make it higher.

Thread Information