Thread: Mother of all Panic attacks

Mother of all Panic attacks

So i have a history of anxiety etc. so last night my partner and I were watching TV but he was laying on my chest (hes not the lightest) all of a sudden i noticed his voice sounded fuzzy... so in a panic iv thrown him off of me and run to the sink (my automatic response is to chuck water in my face) on the way to the toilet i was shaking uncontrolably, my arms went numb and felt like my legs didnt want to work... i felt like i wasnt in my own body and everything was fuzzy and delayed... then i calmed down and it all dissapeared. i was CONVINCED of a stroke, is this normal for a panic attack? could it be where my partner was laying on my chest, maybe it restrivted mt breathing? ugh i though i was over panic attacks and then i practically died on the floor!!! jeees

Re: Mother of all Panic attacks

Hi,

yes this can be a panic attack, if it was a stroke you would know all about it, prob your breathing was restricted which is the main trigger for attacks, did you feel yourself short of breath ?

Hi thanks for your reply, im not really sure it all happend so quick, my ribs were sore after so i think i probably wasnt breathing properly becuase he was laying on me.

i rememeber trying to tell him to call me an ambulance as i was in the toilet but my words wouldnt come out properly, all i was focusing on was that my hands and arms felt numb and like they didnt belong to me, iv read up on mini strokes, it worried me that it could have been that x

ok well you should go and speak to your doctor about it and see what they say, I understand you are worried, during high anxiety often you cant speak right.

Hi teawithsugar

Here's a perfect example without anyone lying on them https://youtu.be/Y4B899IT1jw

I've had what you went through it scared the living daylights out of me so i know how you feel and felt at that moment horrible.

Hope you're ok.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

I had a MASSIVE panic attack in Amsterdam after having some w**d mixed with an energy drink. It was my first attack, I had never had one before. Wherever I focused on I would lose control. My arms didn't work, then my legs (my friends had to hold me up), then I couldn't speak, couldn't drink (it just fell out of my mouth). This isn't the full length of it but you get the picture. The worst.

In the end I had an ambulance come because my friends and I had no idea what it was, as I had never had one. The paramedics sat down with me and calmed me down. At one point a paramedic even slapped me (I'm not kidding) but it worked. He just explained that I had had strong w**d and mixing it with energy drinks was a big no no. I went back to the hotel (most of this occurred in the streets) and I went to sleep as the panic attack exhausted me. That night I went out and had a good night.

So yes, believe me, anything can happen with a panic attack, and you panic more because you cant speak which fuels the fire. They're terrible but you learn to deal with them. Really deep breathing helps me out and I tell myself I'm fine, because you are. You're safe at home with your husband.

Thread Information