Thread: Anxiety issues

Anxiety issues

I'm just posting this to get a little more insight maybe to my anxiety issues and hear other people's view.

I'm an American who was studying in Russia and developed pneumonia in February of 2015. I never had a serious illness before this instance. I stayed about 10 days in a little village hospital where I was told I had borderline diabetes but the nurses had taken my blood only five minutes after I had yogurt and a coke, so the test was skewed and after figuring out the issue the resulting tests were normal. I also found out I was born with only one kidney while I was in the hospital at this time. (I never needed any MRI's or ultrasounds because I functioned normally) Anyway, the testing equipment was the older Soviet or 1990's versions and they discovered that I had gallstones that probably needed to be removed. The antibiotics they gave me flushed all the bacteria out of my system and I developed flank pain and a 104 degree temperature. So I was rushed three hours away to Moscow to have surgery and the ER found out that there were no gallstones, the equipment just didn't pick up the picture as good as it should have. I stayed 3 more nights in an infections unit where I developed visual snow (and where really my anxiety symptoms started showing up) and finally they released me after not finding anything seriously wrong with me. Needless to say I developed a back case of anxiety attack that I constantly battle 24/7 almost. It's always in the back of my head. I had numerous tests done on me back in the States to check for issues but nothing serious has presented itself. I suffer from visual snow, chest palpitations and other various chest issues such as tightness and SVT which I'm on medication for. I haven't seen a psychologist or anyone in regards to my specific anxiety problems but I probably should do that. Anyway, the act of telling my anxiety story is therapeutic to me so thank you to all who read this long post. Just wondering if anyone else has had bad anxiety like this and have gotten it under control?

Re: Anxiety issues

Hi there, my anxiety is still not at the best it could be but i'm starting to see improvments, i'm sorry to hear about your experience, if you ever think of going for therapy i can tell you CBT really helps x

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Thread Information