Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I have cancer

Re: I know I have cancer

If your doctor suspected cancer, why would they wait another two months to perform a follow up routine check?

They wouldn't. They would follow up with any tests they need on an urgent basis because they know they may need treatment to start as soon as possible.

You've given two possibilities. Did the doctor give these or did you decide on them? Are you aware of every potential issue that can cause this fluctuation? If not, which I suspect it's the case, this is anxiety latching onto your long term fears with Confirmation Bias.

Your bloods are totally normal. I would be delighted to have such a good haemoglobin level particularly if I was worried I had colon cancer. Levels can fluctuate even due to the time of day the blood was drawn. I would question whether you need repeat blood tests at all in view of having 2 totally normal sets of bloods done so recently
    Last edited by pulisa; 24-02-17 at 09:15.

Why do the American folk on here always post these blood tests stats? Why is the doc giving this data to them? I've never seen mine and I've had about 100 blood tests in my life.

The doctors here just say the results are normal or satisfactory. I must admit I do ask for some specific levels but most non-HA people wouldn't bother.

I think Caribou's doctor is fuelling his HA.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The doctors here just say the results are normal or satisfactory. I must admit I do ask for some specific levels but most non-HA people wouldn't bother.

I think Caribou's doctor is fuelling his HA.
    In my opinion the worst thing you can do is look at your blood test results in detail - I have access to my records online with everything that gets done at my GP's surgery and have to admit it is dangerous i.e.fuels the mind checking and googling......what the different levels mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    In my opinion the worst thing you can do is look at your blood test results in detail - I have access to my records online with everything that gets done at my GP's surgery and have to admit it is dangerous i.e.fuels the mind checking and googling......what the different levels mean...
    Agreed, I know there's very good arguments for us having access to our own data, but having access a load of numbers I'm not qualified to understand doesn't appeal to me. The summary of "you're fine" will do me!

Only a haematologist can accurately interpret some of the less common levels. Otherwise, as Kay says, you can dredge up some grisly misinformation from the internet..

Hi there, sorry to hear about this stress but do try not to worry overly, as others have said, borderline does still mean normal, and if you really had a raging malignancy I am sure your counts would be positively abnormal. No doctor who even suspects such a thing is going to suggest waiting for 2 months, they would send you for urgent follow-up. I would honestly do something to try to treat your anxiety, which as we all know warps and deforms reality, and forget about this as much as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    Made me think twice this, ive just had a text from my doctors after going in concerned about a swollen lymph node in neck, text said all bloods are satisfactory and no concerns. I was thinking of going in and asking for the levels of them all so i can compare to the ones i had done 14 months ago. Maybe i wont.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDogMan View Post
    Made me think twice this, ive just had a text from my doctors after going in concerned about a swollen lymph node in neck, text said all bloods are satisfactory and no concerns. I was thinking of going in and asking for the levels of them all so i can compare to the ones i had done 14 months ago. Maybe i wont.
    I wouldn't. If a qualified doctor's looked at the results and has no concerns, what could you possibly see in them that they haven't?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information