Thread: morning depression?

morning depression?

For some weeks now I've woken up not always feeling quite like my normal self, the first few hours of the day seem a bit glum and I'm quieter and feel the weight of the world on my shoulders, however I seem to start picking up as the day goes on.
    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
    Cheers,
    Mark

Re: morning depression?

Yeah many a time and think it becomes worse (was going post a question on this on another board) because of excessive amounts of caffine in the morning I drink I will have on average 3 cups of coffee but here's the difference in stead of 1 tea spoon in each cup I will have 2 desert spoons in each cup so all last week I have cut right back to one tea spoon per cup and feel miles better so the question is would having too much caffine like I have been having increase my depression levels?? Cheers

Yep, mornings being bad is a classic depression symptom. By midday I feel almost human; by 3pm even better; by 8pm I'm convinced I've solved all my so-called 'problems' in my mind and am cured. But then the cycle starts all over again the following day. It's no fun but it does get better over time!

I don't feel worse in the morning as such but definitely feel worse in daylight hours. It's not getting darker until later at the moment and I can already feel my mood shifting for the worst overall. It's even worse when sunny and I despise leaving the house.

It's currently dull and getting dark and I'm feeling a little more relaxed knowing the day is coming to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by beatroon View Post
    Yep, mornings being bad is a classic depression symptom. By midday I feel almost human; by 3pm even better; by 8pm I'm convinced I've solved all my so-called 'problems' in my mind and am cured. But then the cycle starts all over again the following day. It's no fun but it does get better over time!
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm confused why I'm feeling this way, my social anxiety is at a 15 year low, I'm in a relationship for the first time in over a decade and the last year has been nothing short of brilliant. I'm already on anti depressants (to help with anxiety), and despite all that I wake up feeling hollow and not like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mark84 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm confused why I'm feeling this way, my social anxiety is at a 15 year low, I'm in a relationship for the first time in over a decade and the last year has been nothing short of brilliant. I'm already on anti depressants (to help with anxiety), and despite all that I wake up feeling hollow and not like myself.
    You are welcome, hey don't be confused you are doing greatEven in 'normal' people who don't have MH conditions do feel rough when they first wake up. You have come a long way Iam proud of you Cheers

My anxiety and depression both tend to be worse in the morning. I think me not being a morning person and not sleeping well most nights contributes to that happening though.

http://musingsofananxiousmind.weebly.com

Dx: General anxiety, Depression, OCD/Hypochondria Rx: Zoloft and Effexor daily. Klonopin and trazadone as needed. Also take magnesium and vitamin D3 daily.

Thread Information