Thread: Scared again

Scared again

Well, I'm here again full of fear and questions. A month ago I noticed blisters in my soft palate and enlarged tonsils and enlarged painless lymph nodes (posterior cervical) so my doc gave me antibiotics but doesn't helped.
    Two weeks ago, I visited another doc and he said that it seemed something caused by a virus and requested blood tests (CBC, mono and cytomegalovirus). The mono test came back negative and the cbc was normal, just slightly high lymphocytes and low segs. I'm still waiting for cytomegalovirus results, but I can't stop thinking about another symptoms. I'm looking very veiny, especially in my arms, I have muscular pains in my arms, legs, back pain and low grade fever. It's like I'm noticing more things every day and that freaks me out. I don't feel fatigue, I feel normal but clearly something (maybe wrong) it's going on with my body.
    My doc says that it's a virus, but I just cannot stop thinking about Lymphoma, Leukemia even HIV... I'm not getting better, Its like I'm getting worse.

Please, I need help.

Re: Scared again

Once you start looking you notice all kind of weird things. Try and relax and stop focusing so much on every sensation in your body.

If your doctor isn't worried you shouldn't be. None of the things you're scared of are obscure things that a doctor wouldn't have on their radar, and nothing they would hang around with if they had even slight suspicions. Most times we feel crappy it's due to random viruses and infections that don't even have names, and happen, make us feel rubbish, and go again.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    Once you start looking you notice all kind of weird things. Try and relax and stop focusing so much on every sensation in your body.

If your doctor isn't worried you shouldn't be. None of the things you're scared of are obscure things that a doctor wouldn't have on their radar, and nothing they would hang around with if they had even slight suspicions. Most times we feel crappy it's due to random viruses and infections that don't even have names, and happen, make us feel rubbish, and go again.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Yes, I can't relax since a month ago... I think that this had to be resolved so long ago but I'm still feeling strange. Thank you and I hope too.

Are you still alive? Noticing the same shit but from covid

Thread Information