Page 1 of 507 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Question from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Hi , a lot of you will know i have been taking citalopram for some months now, and although it did help, i never really got 100% well, still had low moods and some anxiety.

However i saw my gp and she changed me from 25mg citalopram to 37.5 mg twice a day of venafaxine. i did a straight swap over, and am now on day 16.

I think it is making me slightly better have had no bad side effects or withdrawal symptoms from the cit, my question is, will i get further improvement at this dose ? as i don't want to increase too soon.

I would love to hear any positive stories from anyone using ven xx

Your help would be appreciated xx
    Last edited by pinkdove; 16-02-12 at 18:38.

Re: from citalopram to venafaxine good stories please !!!

Hi there,

I've been on quite a few ssri's over the last 6 months. They just did nothing for me at all.

At my request I moved over to venlafaxine (snri). I've only been on it a couple of weeks. One at 37.5mg and one at 75mg. I feel more relaxed than I have in a decade or more. I really hope that this continues. I am having a few side effects, such as sexual dysfunction and some trouble sleeping, but I hope that these will both become less of an issue as my body adjusts.

In my limited experience AD's that work on noradrenaline seem to be much more suited to anxiety.

Cheers

thank you so much dan just what i needed to hear, hope you continue to feel better xx

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdove View Post
    thank you so much dan just what i needed to hear, hope you continue to feel better xx
    Hey pinkdove,

You should also read this. Inspiring read and free too.

http://nothingworks.weebly.com/

Hi guys,

Pinkdove - glad you're still feeling a bit better. Keep in touch on the other threads.

Dan - there are a couple of active venlafaxine threads which you may want to join in. You'd be more than welcome (look under forums/medication/Effexor/venlafaxine).

I've been on venlafaxine before (about 8 years ago) and am on it again now and I thought I'd just share a couple of things, in light of your comments. The sleeping does get better but the slow release tablets help because you only take one a day - I found it was the evening tablets that stopped me sleeping. Regarding the sexual dysfunction (I wondered what that meant when I first took these and then I found out!), this definitely gets better and, without being too graphic, it's a matter of mind over matter and perseverance it took me a couple of months but in the end, there was no problem at all. This time, because I knew I could overcome it, I have had no problems at all to date.

Great link by the way which I intend to read in more detail when I have the time.

Pip

Pip,thanks for that, i have to say it is a bit worrying when you change meds, but i think it is still early days for me, but already i can see an improvement.

Hope you are doing ok too x

dan thanks for the link...i will read it all, and please keep posting we can all give each other support x

hi pink i upped from 37.5 to 75mg at 18 days now at 7 weeks iv upped once more xx trial n error babe xx

Hi guys after a couple of really good days, today has been awfull, i have felt really low, and some anxiety. can't believe it can change so much in a day.

I managed to go out to lunch, but iiw was uncomfortable to say the lease, had to take a diazapam, got home now, and still feeling really low.

When will things everr get better, i am so sick of this i had so much faith in this med xx

Just a wee blip darlin you'll be much better tomorrow.

sending xx

Page 1 of 507 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread Information