Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ive really tried :(

Re: Ive really tried :(

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    Excuse me? Hang on a little minute......I really do want help and I am willing to help myself, please do not insult me......

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

That is not what I was suggesting.....it was a matter of 'the phrase used'....
    Kay I don't think Kuatir was trying to insult you in any way that's not how I read it and yes can see it was just a phrase you used loosely But what I will say you have in past constantly reading up, googling symptoms and then it drives you crazy I do feel you have too much 'time' on your hands which is destructive to your well being, read a nice book or listen to some nice music do something positive for you Cheers

Good. Being prepared to help yourself is where it starts. Being able to push yourself through this and all of the hurdles you will face is also a challenge.

What steps are you taking at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuatir View Post
    Good. Being prepared to help yourself is where it starts. Being able to push yourself through this and all of the hurdles you will face is also a challenge.

What steps are you taking at the moment?
    Well I started on citralopam about 3 weeks ago for which I never thought I would start any medication as I always thought 'me on tablets like that, never.....' have always been a happy smiley person, something just changed last year, like a switch in my head and somehow I need to flick the switch back, I am waiting for CBT, on a waiting list right now and really want to kick this....its like an addiction for me, makes me worse and ill I feel (could be wrong). How do I know if symptoms are real or not, I know currently, my symptoms are real, how do I know they are though (does this makes sense)?

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

Sorry about going off on one....just mind wrecked right now (being honest)

Ok here are 12 steps that are used in Changes meetings: 1. Admit you have a problem.
    2. Take Action.3. Trust and Cooperate.4.Get the Power!5. Use and Develop Wellness Tools. 6. Begin Personal Evaluation. 7. Cultivate 'Healthy' Thinking. 8. Cultivate 'Healthy' Behaviour.9. Realise that feelings aren't always facts . 10.Get on with your life!. 11. Give it Time. 12. Pass it on. Cheers

Everyone has a unique response to how medication\therapy helps. Sometimes it can take a while to get the right combinations. A wait to start CBT can be a trial in itself and then it rarely gives immediate results!

I don't know what your lifestyle is like, but addressing poor diet, adding exercise and mindfulness can be a benefit for you all around. How are things in those areas?

Well I started on citralopam about 3 weeks ago for which I never thought I would start any medication as I always thought 'me on tablets like that, never.....' have always been a happy smiley person, something just changed last year, like a switch in my head and somehow I need to flick the switch back, I am waiting for CBT, on a waiting list right now and really want to kick this....its like an addiction for me, makes me worse and ill I feel (could be wrong). How do I know if symptoms are real or not, I know currently, my symptoms are real, how do I know they are though (does this makes sense)?

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

The last bit of your post How do I know etc well simple really start trusting your GP when they say the results for xyz are back and they are normal That to me is step 3 of the 12 step programme Cheers

Everyone has a unique response to how medication\therapy helps. Sometimes it can take a while to get the right combinations. A wait to start CBT can be a trial in itself and then it rarely gives immediate results!

I don't know what your lifestyle is like, but addressing poor diet, adding exercise and mindfulness can be a benefit for you all around. How are things in those areas?
    Diet - Poor, over eating lately to compensate for my depression and self pity
    Exercise - Nil pois!

No problem. I thought it might make you react. It shows you are strong minded, in my opinion. You can do this!

It actually raised my anxiety levels to do so. I'm shaking a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    The last bit of your post How do I know etc well simple really start trusting your GP when they say the results for xyz are back and they are normal
    True, not alot I can say about it, I do trust the GP but I want results immediately and not ummm and ooooh's...thats how I feel.

Diet - Poor, over eating lately to compensate for my depression and self pity
    Exercise - Nil pois!
    Little steps. Healthy food doesn't have to be bland, boring and time consuming. Also, try and take a walk everyday. Walking is an underrated form of exercise.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information