Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do u think that a brain tumor smaller then a pea can cause symptoms?

Re: Do u think that a brain tumor smaller then a pea can cause symptoms?

Never mind just forget I said that

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

Thanks guys. It may sound like you didn't help but you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennabarker View Post
    Never mind just forget I said that

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

Thanks guys. It may sound like you didn't help but you did.
    Phew, cuz I was gonna have to school you

What were you gonna say?

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Please tell me

What were you gonna say?

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Please tell me
    I was going to chew you out for jumping to ridiculous conclusions and only taking snippets out of a huge post twisting it around and panicking over it for zero reason.

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Take your medication... Titrate it up over a period of a few weeks to a therapeutic level, seek therapy, quit googling, quit seeking reassurance, start doing positive things to keep you from ruminating on illnesses that you do not have. Over time and with effort, your anxious thinking will stop having a strangle hold on you.

So any tumor that will cause symptoms will be seen by any MRI?

As I already posted before

I was not going to even mention this because, well your anxious mind will just search for a way to negate this info. As this is what anxious minds do. However... Back in summer of 2008 my sister was dx'd with a large meningioma. This is a, usually, benign tumor of the meninges. Meninges is the covering of the brain. Meningioma effects the brain in the same kinds ways a tumor within the brain does.... Any ole way the neurosurgeon--CHIEF surgeon of the department of Hermann Hospital. (A top notch hospital in Houston, Texas) talked to us about how brain tumors behave and how they are dx'd etc... I will relay the info pertinent to your current questions....

**Brain tumors will grow unnoticed by the brain for a good while. In fact a brain will accommodate the interloper UNTIL it starts to impede brain function. Once large enough to impede function of the brain, the person begins having signs (signs are what doctors can see objectively) that something is awry.**

From that you can surmise--- any potential tumor missed by an MRI because it toooo minute for an MRI to detect could not possibly be impeding brain function. If it is not impeding brain function, then how could you have symptoms?

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Take your medication... Titrate it up over a period of a few weeks to a therapeutic level, seek therapy, quit googling, quit seeking reassurance, start doing positive things to keep you from ruminating on illnesses that you do not have. Over time and with effort, your anxious thinking will stop having a strangle hold on you.

My doctor says it was for reassurance. But they got me one because phantom smells can be from tumors
    This is something I always see as a classic mistake in HA. It just opens the door to more questioning, which is very clear in how you are asking such detailed questions, which with respect to clearly experienced members, are questions for those trained to answer them, not anonymous Internet people.

Your doctor should have stuck to his guns and refused unnecessary testing. A therapist would be against reassurance testing as it undermines the extinction you need to do to get out of these cycles.

Yeah I just don't get it either. A trained professional who has seen your scans has told you you don't have a brain tumour. What is the point of coming here and asking the opinion of a bunch of faceless people who have never seen you, never seen your scans and who are not trained to discuss your results even if you posted the scans here? How can any response you get be even remotely reassuring when at the back of your mind you know all that anyway. Get help from a mental health professional. Just as there are no trained doctors here nor are there any psychologists or psychiatrists.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information