Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2-3 second rush through body

2-3 second rush through body

i was sitting looking at my computer screen then I just had this anxious rush through my whole body as though I was going to pass out then it went away, I have had these before but what are they ?

I wasn't short of breath like during a panic attack etc

Re: 2-3 second rush through body

I have had the same several times.

It could be just adrenalin surges, and although uncomfortable, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it persists perhaps think about something to help calm your nervous system down, natural remedies like Kalms or Valerian are pretty effective if you'd rather not take prescribed meds.

ISB ☺

its weird, at 1st I thought it was vertigo but I don't get spinning just everything goes weird for a few seconds and I feel its through my whole body., like it starts from the head to the toe

also last night I could feel my chest vibrating when I was half asleep, when I get up and walk about and go back to bed it goes away

If you're stressed out it could be a brain or body zap, I used to get them all the time it's just a part of anxiety and down to stress.

From the anxietycentre website, hope this helps:

You feel like your body (or any part of) has just been jolted or electrified. It also may feel like a sharp and quick tremor or vibration. This can happen at any time and most often without warning. This symptom can be more noticeable when trying to relax or go to sleep.

It also may feel like a head buzz or tremor. It can also be accompanied by prickly sensations throughout the body. It may be infrequent or frequent in occurrence.

This symptom can affect one part of the body, many parts of the body, or the entire body. It can occur rarely, occasionally, or persistently.

While this sensation can be unsettling and startling, it’s not dangerous or harmful when it’s a symptom of elevated stress. It generally subsides when the body has had some time to unwind from the build up of stress.

That's interesting, the first time I had one of those I was on the computer as well. I assumed it was posture related or eyes. The second time I had one it turned into a full blown panic attack because I freaked out. Now I have them when I'm highly anxious but they come and go like yours did. Just a split second to scare the crap out of me.
    Do it afraid. All fear is but the notion that God's love ends. "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy." Psalm 94:19

Mine feels like a swoosch of head pressure. SO uncomfortable and scary.

Sometimes I feel lite headed, stars in my eyes.

Sometimes real shakey after.

Does this sound like the same thing ?

I have had this also. It was when I was feeling anxious. It felt like everything went still for a few seconds and I thought I was going to pass out. I didn't pass out but it made me feel even more anxious after it happened. I am tapering off medication, so I guess it could have been a brain zap. Not really sure what they feel like.

hi, yes this sounds like what I get, it starts in the head and I feel the rush through my whole body :{

I have this occasionally, and it is scary as it generally happens when I am occupied/ not anxious in that particular moment (until it happens of course). This then freaks you out and makes you start to question things. It is not really a symptom for anything bad, so just have to assume it is a brief adrenaline surge, and try to get on with your day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information