Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lung.

Re: Lung.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

I lost a dear friend to lung cancer last year. There was no mistaking it. In 4-5 months you would be very ill.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You're argumentative with people who need it? Why would anyone need an argument on here? We're all going through our own personal hell and come here for support/ reassurance or kind words, arguing shouldn't come in to it. But fair enough, I get your point.

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

I lost a dear friend to lung cancer last year. There was no mistaking it. In 4-5 months you would be very ill.

Positive thoughts
    Sorry about your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    My apologies, having read back, no you didn't say I was arrogant or abusive.

I accept I'm argumentative but I also believe I'm mostly this way with people who need it. I honestly wasn't trying to pick any fights or whatever, I just didn't want the OP to read Kay's response and start panicking.

Kay herself has said that it probably wasn't the right thing to do, and if you read my response to her, that's all I said, that it "wasn't right." Other than that I basically gave examples of how benign things can cause persistent symptoms.
    Please also do not give a diagnosis to people asking if they have a disease, that is not the way to do things either if we really want to get down to it......

Enough said.

This is an example of how discussions and comparisons of symptoms/ perceived need for tests can be unhelpful re HA.

I'm prepared to be shot down in flames for this comment but I am able to manage my HA now so feel able to make this point.

Sometimes being direct is the only way although some people will always go on the defensive when their comfort zone is threatened.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    This is an example of how discussions and comparisons of symptoms/ perceived need for tests can be unhelpful re HA.

I'm prepared to be shot down in flames for this comment but I am able to manage my HA now so feel able to make this point.

Sometimes being direct is the only way although some people will always go on the defensive when their comfort zone is threatened.
    There is a difference with being direct and being argumentative and/or aggressive! You have been direct with me and its acceptable reading it back but there is a difference in the tone used previously with this thread between myself and Gary A

Being direct comes at the point when the comment is made. An argument happens when the comment is taken badly, and as far as i'm aware an argument always involves two or more people, not just one person.

ISB ☺
    Last edited by Catherine S; 20-02-17 at 17:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    Please also do not give a diagnosis to people asking if they have a disease, that is not the way to do things either if we really want to get down to it......

Enough said.
    When do I do that? I might say something like "it sounds like X,Y or Z" but I'll always advise people see their doctor if they haven't already.

You're now starting to give a good impression of a spoilt child that has well and truly spat the dummy.

Enough said indeed.

These are words on a screen. One cannot relay tone as in the way we would with spoken word. Also, "tone" can be influenced by the reader's mood and/or state of mind. What would be aggressive to one person may not be to another.

That being said... shit happens

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    You're argumentative with people who need it? Why would anyone need an argument on here? We're all going through our own personal hell and come here for support/ reassurance or kind words, arguing shouldn't come in to it. But fair enough, I get your point.

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Sorry about your friend.
    Just out of curiosity, do you say the same thing to people who come here and argue with people who are trying to reassure them?

I've witnessed a lot of that but I don't quite recall you chastising anyone for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    When do I do that? I might say something like "it sounds like X,Y or Z" but I'll always advise people see their doctor if they haven't already.

You're now starting to give a good impression of a spoilt child that has well and truly spat the dummy.

Enough said indeed.
    Oh dear Gary A - give it a rest, personally I think you have been 'put in your place' and you do not like it.....

Evening all

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information