Thread: epiglottis is visible

epiglottis is visible

my epiglottis is visible when i look down my throat, and my lymph nodes are swollen and hurting, plus I have minor throat pain, should I be concerned about my epiglottis being visible?

Re: epiglottis is visible

Epiglottis?

Some people can actually see theirs when they're not sick! It's pretty cool.. I read somewhere that that is how sword swallowers were able to swallow their swords.

If it is your epiglottis, it is a normal part of your anatomy. You might have have some infection that making the structures in your throat more swollen than normal. My uvula becomes swollen and really long almost to the point that it can touch my tongue when I have a cold.

Always consult your doctor with any medical questions you have. Sounds like you have a bug and rest and fluids would be the treatment!
    Last edited by PASchoolSyndrome; 22-02-17 at 03:15.

Quote Originally Posted by PASchoolSyndrome View Post
    Epiglottis?

You mean uvula?

If it is your epiglottis, it is a normal part of your anatomy. You might have have some infection that making the structures in your throat more swollen than normal. My uvula becomes swollen and really long almost to the point that it can touch my tongue when I have a cold.

Always consult your doctor with any medical questions you have. Sounds like you have a bug and rest and fluids would be the treatment!
    your epiglottis is what prevents food from going into your lungs, you normally cant see it when you look into a mirror because its further down in your throat

Right I edited my post because I realized my mistake. I do not mean it as an insult but I thought you had mistaken your uvula for your epiglottis - but I had mistaken myself! Oops!

Regardless, the rest of my post still stands ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannabear View Post
    my epiglottis is visible when i look down my throat, and my lymph nodes are swollen and hurting, plus I have minor throat pain, should I be concerned about my epiglottis being visible?

Did you sort it?? I can see mine! Have done for a month now getting fixated on it... can feel it urgh can't cope

Thread Information