Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tremors/shaking all day every day

Tremors/shaking all day every day

Hello
    I am new to this site. I have been reading many posts over the last fee weeks and have found many helpful. I wanted to ask if anyone has suffered from tremors/shaking in their hands and fingers, arms, legs, and neck/spine. The only ones really noticeable outwardly are the hand tremors. They have gotten worse over the last couple weeks but my anxiety also has. I am trying to convince myself that these are caused by anxiety but I have a hard time believing myself. The tremor gets much worse in hot water (shower or bath). At rest I don't shake. My neck feels weeker like my head is too heavy to hold up.sometimes I feel like my voice trembles. I have read much about essential tremor but don't feel it is that because it doesn't go away with a drink of alcohol and it has worsened quickly. My neck is very stiff as well. Dr has seen me and made neurologist referral . MRI of brain normal. Blood work normal. Waiting on neurologist appt which will be about 4-6 months (in Canada and referrals take forever). Does anyone else have significant tremors that last all day?? I have not Googled for several days as know this wont help me except make me more nervous! My fear is some sort of neuro degenerative disease...motor neuron disease...or anything similar.
    Thank you for taking time to read!

Re: Tremors/shaking all day every day

Motor neurone disease doesn't present that way, so you can write that fear off right now.

You've also had plenty of good test results, which suggests you're okay.

I'm sure, even in Canada, you'd get a much quicker referral if they suspected anything serious. Anxiety is a diagnosis of exclusion, so they may well just be ruling everything out before finally settling on anxiety. Or it could just be about trying to reassure you.
    Last edited by ServerError; 22-02-17 at 17:24.

I'm pretty sure that if your doctor suspected something horrendous, they would have referred you FAR more quickly than 4-6 months.

This could easily just be anxiety. When I'm really bad, I shake visibly from head to toe, like a tuning fork, and it can go on for days.

Thank you both for replying. I am always glad to hear anything that makes MND less likely! My Dr has sent referrals out of my local area in hopes of getting the neurologist appt sooner ...he is not sure what is going on. I also have had bad joint pain through every joint. ..and ache so much. I wonder if this could be anxiety as well? It has been going on for almost 2 weeks now. The tremors worry me the most as it has gotten worse. Started out as a thumb twitch and has progressed now to all fingers/hands and a full body inner tremble. The weak neck feeling concerns me too. I am really trying to relax . So scared to try antidepressants as had horrible side effects trying them a few months ago ...

I get the tremors all the time, especially when I am most anxious. When it is happening I have a strong tremor which seems to come from my neck. My arms feel weak and shaky, and my muscles randomly twitch/ spasm. Seen a neurologist who said everyone has their own tremor, and adrenaline/ anxiety can affect this alot.

Thanks Jamie
    I wonder if the hot water making them worse is because it causes a surge in adrenalin? ....hmm. ...I don't want to Google that in fear of seeing something I don't want to..lol. do your hands shake when you hold a cup...or spoon etc...and do the tremors ever last week's at a time?
    Thank you again for your reply!

I had the internal tremmoring for months. It eventually went away when I stopped fearing it. This was in 2012.

Then I had it again only this time was when I was waking up from sleep. That lasted maybe 6 weeks but has also stopped now.x

I'm glad to hear yours went away LE! I'm hoping one day I wake up and find them gone.....I really hate them. I visibly tremor in my hands and fingers but find the rest of my body is more of an internal tremor.

I can only echo what has been said before.

Get ALS out your mind straight away. ALS or any other kind of MND does not, ever cause any kind of tremor.

The only thing that can be remotely called a "tremor" in MND is a weakness "tremor". In that when you attempt to use your muscles they begin to shake due to weakness. Like if you or I were to lift a weight that is too heavy for us, we will begin to shake. That is what happens in MND.

I have had a tremor for 8 months, constant, all day every day. Very minor shaking in my arms, hands and jaw. Only I can tell its happening and to someone looking at me, you'd have no idea. The doctors put it down to my mental health issues which makes sense.

Thanks Colicab
    I do tell myself it isn't ALS and feel like that fear isn't so great anymore....but of course it is replaced with fears of something else seriously debilitating or life threatening. My tremors are outwardly noticeable in my hands but not really anywhere else (I don't think!). The rest are internal tremors. I feel like when I bend forward my spine is jerky on the way down...not sure if that makes any sense but the jerkiness is annoying and makes me more scared...which in turn makes my tremors worse of course. I feel like my neck is weak and shaky and my head too heavy for my neck. Sometimes I feel like my body almost twitches like I am shivering but I'm not cold....my trunk and legs included. I hate this. I really don't want to try antidepressants again but feel like I can't seem to get myself less anxious .
    Anyways...thanks for taking the time to reply
    Last edited by Michelle356; 23-02-17 at 17:03. Reason: Spelling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information