Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This back pain is driving me insane!!!!

This back pain is driving me insane!!!!

So went back to the GP on Monday, she said its muscular! This pain is crushing me. My spine hurts if that sense and im now getting what I can only describe as trapped gas chest pains, I cant believe this is muscular with such pain.

I need someone to talk to, its so sore. Im afraid its a tumor from my lung pressing on my spine inducing or pressing on my nerves.

Re: This back pain is driving me insane!!!!

Sorry you're still worried. Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Petrified is not the word. But thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    So went back to the GP on Monday, she said its muscular! This pain is crushing me. My spine hurts if that sense and im now getting what I can only describe as trapped gas chest pains, I cant believe this is muscular with such pain.

I need someone to talk to, its so sore. Im afraid its a tumor from my lung pressing on my spine inducing or pressing on my nerves.
    Muscular pain is some of the most intense pain you can feel. Have you ever had your calf just randomly tighten up when you're laying down? The pains excruciating.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Muscular pain is some of the most intense pain you can feel. Have you ever had your calf just randomly tighten up when you're laying down? The pains excruciating.
    I have had cramps in my calf and yes it is pretty sore but then it goes. This back pain is just peeing me off now......

You've been back to the GP many times. Don't be "petrified", just accept it as muscular pain?

It won't go away until you can relax your muscles. Progressive muscle relaxation is great for this. I had a very painful shoulder years ago when I first developed HA. It lasted for weeks and I was convinced that any pain that bad 24/7 had to be cancer. I even walked around with my arm in a sling for a week! So ridiculous. At one of my psych sessions the psychiatrist taught me to do progressive muscle relaxation. He talked me through it and immediately felt the pain lessen. I went home and did it for 2 more nights and the pain disappeared.

Have you considered a massage therapist?

I havent considered anything yet other than lung cancer its totally debilitating me right now. Ive checked my blood test results from Dec 2016 against ones taken throught all of last year too and seems my white bloods cell count has been rising with every test so that freaking me out now as well telling me my body is fighting this! Im so scared

Sounds Silly but have you tried a hot water bottle? I find that really helps when I have muscle pain. Hot water bottle, 2 paracetamol and watch something daft on tv! If it is muscular it won't get better until you relax it same way a scab won't get better if its picked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information