Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I know I have cancer

I know I have cancer

I am really feeling hopeless right now.

I had posted on here before about possibly having blood in my stool. Well, I went to the doctor's office on January 25th, and they did blood work to see how everything was. And to my surprise, it was all completely fine. But, I made a follow up appointment for February 20th, and they took blood again. Well, the blood work changed quite a bit and now I'm freaking out. Here are the main numbers:

1/25:
    WBC - 5.6
    RBC - 4.7
    Platelet Count - 265
    Hemoglobin - 13.6

2/20:
    WBC - 4.6
    RBC - 4.5
    Platelet Count - 193
    Hemoglobin - 13.3

I'm devastated right now because that means that I probably have either colon cancer and it's slowly bleeding, or I have leukemia now.

The fact that every single one of those numbers dropped so fast in a short amount of time proves that I most likely have cancer. I honestly can say that I am not surprised - I have been fearing getting cancer for the past 6 years of my life, and I now finally have it. I have been feeling tired the past 5 days, and I'm beyond anxious.
    Also, when I went to my doctor's appointments both times I had a fever - another sign.

Re: I know I have cancer

It proves no such thing.

However your overreaction DOES prove that your anxious over thinking is playing a number on you.

I don't know what any of those numbers mean, but if you really do have cancer, what are the doctors doing? Have you been referred anywhere?

Sorry, the numbers just show what my actual counts are, when compared to the normal range. My main point was that they all dropped - my WBC and platelet count in particular.

My doctor did say she wanted a follow up appointment in 2 months to take more blood, but I don't want to wait that long. I mean, what if I really do have cancer? I understand that being anxious is completely normal for me (although it's unhealthy to be), but this is my blood work. It's not like I can say "oh, it's all in my head, I'll be fine."

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou93 View Post
    I am really feeling hopeless right now.

I had posted on here before about possibly having blood in my stool. Well, I went to the doctor's office on January 25th, and they did blood work to see how everything was. And to my surprise, it was all completely fine. But, I made a follow up appointment for February 20th, and they took blood again. Well, the blood work changed quite a bit and now I'm freaking out. Here are the main numbers:

1/25:
    WBC - 5.6
    RBC - 4.7
    Platelet Count - 265
    Hemoglobin - 13.6

2/20:
    WBC - 4.6
    RBC - 4.5
    Platelet Count - 193
    Hemoglobin - 13.3

I'm devastated right now because that means that I probably have either colon cancer and it's slowly bleeding, or I have leukemia now.

The fact that every single one of those numbers dropped so fast in a short amount of time proves that I most likely have cancer. I honestly can say that I am not surprised - I have been fearing getting cancer for the past 6 years of my life, and I now finally have it. I have been feeling tired the past 5 days, and I'm beyond anxious.
    Also, when I went to my doctor's appointments both times I had a fever - another sign.
    That's not how it works. Blood counts that suggest cancers have varying levels of high and low counts, and it takes a trained professional to recognise exactly what's going on by comparing blood counts to symptoms, history etc.

According to Mayo, those are normal

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    That's not how it works. Blood counts that suggest cancers have varying levels of high and low counts, and it takes a trained professional to recognise exactly what's going on by comparing blood counts to symptoms, history etc.
    Exactly. And as long as the numbers are in normal range, I'm willing to bet a doc won't even consider questioning it. You can't expect all those numbers to remain the same over time. The body is always changing and always fighting off things.

You are drawing conclusions that make no sense. You are allowing your anxious mind to create cancer where there is no evidence. And your bloodwork results are not evidence of cancer.

My doctor did say that the blood counts were borderline low, so she wants to retest in 2 months to see if any more blood loss is occurring.

I guess my biggest concern is my hemoglobin and my RBC counts both dropped - that would have to mean I'm bleeding somewhere, like my digestive tract. That's why I'm so paranoid right now - and plus I'm tired and I feel warmer than normal.

Also this whole fiasco started 46 days ago...yes, I keep track.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou93 View Post
    My doctor did say that the blood counts were borderline low
    = N.O.R.M.A.L.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information