Thread: Blood test experience.

Smile Blood test experience.

Hi there! x.
    i decided to post my experience as i was terrified yesterday and i want to possibly help some others. the nurse knew i was near passing out when i got in there so she made me lie back on a comfy chair and hold a pillow. she talked to me and calmed me down while the other nurse tried to take it from my arm anyway but i told her i preferred it from my hand so she did it that way instead and because it was a small vain i got a butterfly needle she put down on my records i prefer my hand so i will get that way from now on. after all three vials she let me just sit and talk for a second while i composed myself and i was off. it wasn't that bad and it really helps if you just let them know that you're feeling anxious it's honestly not as bad as you may think it is x

Re: Blood test experience.

Yes, I too really bad with blood tests. Needles elsewhere, where they are putting something IN don't worry me, it's when they are sucking blood OUT, & in the crook of the arm UGH!
    What I now ask for if poss is for me to lie on couch & when they are done for me to keep on couch for few moments, as can feel v faint after.
    I didn't know they could use back of hand, but wondering if any better.
    It's definitely not the pain, just awful squeamish/faint thing.

Re: Blood test experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ghad View Post
    Yes, I too really bad with blood tests. Needles elsewhere, where they are putting something IN don't worry me, it's when they are sucking blood OUT, & in the crook of the arm UGH!
    What I now ask for if poss is for me to lie on couch & when they are done for me to keep on couch for few moments, as can feel v faint after.
    I didn't know they could use back of hand, but wondering if any better.
    It's definitely not the pain, just awful squeamish/faint thing.
    I opt for getting it out my hand these days as i do prefer it,
    although recently i had to redo one and she tried taking tit out my hand but stopped because she was like "it would hurt less from your arm" and just did my arm despite it being on my record that i have it from my hand and she was way too hesitant and knocked a nerve and it wasn't a fun time, it really depends on who you get x

(this is sam winter i just made a new account lol)

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Thread Information