Thread: Help:)

Help:)

Hi all!!

I have had a decent few days regarding OCD (even though it's not been great)

And what annoys me the most is the thoughts which don't mean anything. Does anyone else have these. Like I will get a reminder that I have intrusive thoughts and that reminder will keep coming back and frustrating me!!

Like it's not an intrusive thought but it's repetitive and frustrating and the thought almost creates a mental picture of confusion which comes with the reminder and just frustrates me altogether.

Firstly does anyone else get this???
    Also, how should I deal with it? Do I just ignore it and let it be there and wait for it too pass?

Also I'm getting help!!!!!!!
    I have booked an appointment with my college nurse to talk about it and book in the correct therapist!!

Re: Help:)

???

I don't want to be mad. Like I'm the only one who experiences this????

Will the therapy think I'm crazy????

Hey, while I don't have the particular OCD thinking you talk about, I do suffer from intrusive thoughts and end up obsessing over them. I can assure you that the nurse isn't going to think you are crazy. Weird thoughts are not uncommon with OCD, especially ones that won't go away. I'm sorry I don't have more of an answer but I didn't want to leave you hanging with no replies.
    Last edited by MOchp; 23-02-17 at 00:16.

http://musingsofananxiousmind.weebly.com

Dx: General anxiety, Depression, OCD/Hypochondria Rx: Zoloft and Effexor daily. Klonopin and trazadone as needed. Also take magnesium and vitamin D3 daily.

I'm not sure whether it's OCD though

It's just a repetitive feeling of thought but I don't really have any compulsions.

It may be depression as I do feel low at times throughout the day

Thoughts that you obsess over I believe is still a sign of OCD, I don't think you necessarily have to have compulsions to have OCD. Obviously I'm not a doc though and one will be able to guide you better. :-)

http://musingsofananxiousmind.weebly.com

Dx: General anxiety, Depression, OCD/Hypochondria Rx: Zoloft and Effexor daily. Klonopin and trazadone as needed. Also take magnesium and vitamin D3 daily.

Anyone who's read your threads can see some compulsive activity, you have reassurance seeking as one.

People think of compulsions as touching, checking, cleaning, etc but there are more diverse than this. Mental compulsions tend to be more prevalent in people with intrusive thoughts (the so called Pure O end) and you may not realise it. See Steve Seay's articles which explain this and give examples.

There's a big difference between feeling depressed and mood disorders. There are many mood disorders and given how you've said on the other threads that you have good periods, it's more likely some low mood which is common with anxiety disorders.

As for the thoughts you describe, they sound like the subconscious triggers we get when we aren't as anxious or are having a good day, that say "shouldn't you be anxious?", "remember you have anxiety?", etc.

It's natural to have thoughts like this. It's no different to getting one like "shouldn't I be somewhere?". The only difference is that these ones can start the cycle of worry because they are issues associated with things that are based on fear. Therefore the answer is to treat them the same as the non fear associated ones and let them pass through without reaction, just like how we do that with intrusive thoughts.

If you choose to react with "aaaarrrgghhh shit!" then it will kick the panic cycle off. If you choose to treat with "whatever", me, etc you don't give them importance and the panic cycle has no reason to be invoked (this may not always be the case at first until your subconscious learns you don't care about them and changes how it associates them).

Thread Information