Thread: Back pain radiating from testicle

Back pain radiating from testicle

So a couple of weeks ago, during a shower, I noticed that my left tesicle was slightly tender when I pushed in on it. I immediately went crazy with anxiety and felt it all over and no lumps or swelling of any kind. This went away by the next day and was gone for 4-5 days until it occurred again briefly another day. I haven't had an issue with it since then (3-4 weeks ago).

Tonight, when getting out of a bath, I was drying myself off. When I went to dry my testicles, I noticed that when I pushed up/lifted my left testicle, I felt a slight pain in my middle to lower back, on the left side. When I stopped, the pain stopped. When I moved/lifted it again, it happened again. I noticed this happened mostly when I was standing up. When I bent over and tried it, I didn't really notice. During this, there was no pain in my testicle at all. It was like moving the testicle made my back hurt.

Are there nerves that connect both the testicle and the lower/mid back? Do I have a pinched nerve or something? I had no idea the two were connected in any way. Looking for some insight here before I go crazy with anxiety again.

Cheers

Re: Back pain radiating from testicle

If you are worried see your doctor/GP

If things don't get any better I will. I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has experienced this before, and what their experiences were. As of this morning, it isn't happening like it was last night. Really strange.

I've never heard of nerves being connected from your back to your testicle, but it could be a referred pain, as in, your back may hurt from some form of strain or something and moving your testicle just so happens to trigger it off?

My experience is that i had a pain in my upper thigh for ages, was convinced it was my testicle, there was nothing wrong with them and it got better after a couple of weeks. So Muscles can be weird. And Anxiety will definitely focus on that area more if you're worried.

My Dr always said Anxiety is like a magnifying glass for symptoms. You will always make them seem bigger than they are!

Hope this helps!

Thread Information