Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agoraphobia and going to hospital

Re: Agoraphobia and going to hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny_Dancer View Post
    Something similar happen with me not too long ago. If you explain to one of the staff at the desk that you suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, they're really understanding with it and i was told i could sit in one of the empty rooms until i was called upon....i was even given a cuppa
    Yeah, tell them. They will be extra gentle with you. Worst case scenario, if you do have a panic attack (which you won't) you'll be surrounded by doctors and nurses and in the safest hands.

Well i had a massive panice attack on Sunday night and cried all day Monday :( felt so scared and anxious, i rang the doctor and told them i was terrified and ive cancelled my appointment for now and im going to work towards going in the next few months, the doctor said my pain is not life threatening and i can cope with it, i have so much other stuff going on right now that the thought of that as well was topping it off, i also have a stinking cold/virus which is not helping.

Thanks so much for all your support and i will try my best to work on getting there in the near future xxx

Hi
    I'd just like to encourage those of you who find travelling overwhelming especially if a hospital visit is needed. I travelled today 7.5 miles to my local hospital for an urgent referral to the gynae unit. I mentioned at the reception desk that I had severe anxiety and they let me be seen straight away with no waiting, so don't hesitate to speak up. I was frightened for days knowing that I had no choice but to attend. I am so pleased to be on the other side of the appointment and would like to reassure whoever is struggling that they too will be able to get there. The relief from all the dread and anxious thoughts is so worth the discomfort of the anxiety. The build up of thoughts is far worse than the travelling and low and behold 'the worst never happened'. I am going to use this experience as a springboard into the breakthrough I have been after for such a long time.
    Remember you a strong and fear is just a chihuahua! You have plenty of skills that you have picked up along the way that you pull out when you need them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information