Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not sure what to do... help!?

Re: Not sure what to do... help!?

I don't "go on anxiety forums" Mochi, i'm on one anxiety forum, this one only and have been for quite some years. I'm here because I was a sufferer too and thankfully with time my anxiety is not as severe these days, but I know what it felt like. I'm not here to cause trouble or arguments...try reading up on my many posts handing out advice and support..there are loads including support on some of your threads, instead of accusing me of being something i'm not.

Once again this was never about your anxiety, it was about you having a go because nobody was replying to you. My first reply to you wasn't harsh at all, so why react the way you have, why twist it to make me look like a bad person. Not fair and not nice.

ISB
    Last edited by Catherine S; 20-02-17 at 20:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Capercrohnj View Post
    I would try to accept that you have had multiple doctors and multiple tests that show nothing is wrong and move on. You should feel lucky you have been examined by so many doctors and are fine. I have a serious GI disease and I would love to be able to get so many opinions and tests.

Thank you for your kindness... I am sorry to read that you have serious issues that are not being addressed. I do not want to overburden my doctor with my anxiety, so I was reaching out for an opinion. I am leaning toward wait it out, but that monster in my head is just so loud. I struggle to be rational about it!

I second guess every pain, every burp, everything about my gut. I am driving myself crazy!

Thank you again!

Sorry you felt rejected but I happen to agree with ISB concerning what can be said. Perhaps that's part of the reason there were no replies and one shouldn't take it personally anyway. If scientific medical tests cannot reassure you, what makes you think a stranger on an internet forum can? And to be fair here Mochi, ISB has replied and supported you on many of your threads.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    What would you like people to say? I could say don't worry but you will anyway. I could say go and have another scan but you've told us scans don't reassure you, so how can we reassure you here? Reading your opening post you've more less summed it all up so maybe people feel there's nothing more to add.

Having a pop at people won't help either by the way. You've had alot of support from lots of people here Mochi, so your comments are a bit unfair.

ISB x
    OK OK, I know I said you would not hear from me again, but I had to say one more thing. My original post was asking for advice on whether I should or shouldn't reach out to my doctor. I am struggling to decide which voice to listen to in my mind, so I was asking for an opinion from others who also have the anxiety voice shouting at them sometimes. Maybe that didn't come across very clearly.

You said that I was having a pop at people. I read that as I was insulting people. Where I live, that is what that means. So when I responded to say I wasn't insulting anyone, it was because that is what I understood by your post. I am not a bad person. I just feel vulnerable, and was wondering why so many people read my post and didn't say anything to me. I didn't realize it would be considered, taking a pop at people as you say, to express my feelings.

You have given me advice in the past, you are right about that. I thank you for that advice. I have read other comments of yours however to not be very kind and that is what I was referring to. I think having an online conversation with someone in a different country who I've never met is really difficult. A lot is missing when you read people's comments online. So chances are I misunderstood.

I do not like having bad blood between myself and anyone else. I am known in my family and in my circle of friends as being the one who always needs to make everything better in the end. I don't know that I can do that today, as we do not know each other. But please understand that when I was asking why no one responded, it was because I was feeling badly about myself, and it had nothing to do with others.

I truly meant no harm in saying what I said. I was just feeling alone. To me, your comments were a bit of a kick when I was down, but I do not know your perspective and I should've asked you what you meant instead of reacting.

I am working with my children on science fair projects today and have allowed myself to get very distracted on this forum. Again I am sorry for my part in this discussion that went downhill.

I hope you have a lovely evening.

Arg! I am not asking for reassurance! I am asking, what would you do for a new sensation that is different than those you have felt before... ignore it or check it out? Nothing to reassure. I gave the background to give it context, nothing more. I will try to be more clear next time.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information