Thread: Swollen tonsils and spots on throat for 2 weeks

Question Swollen tonsils and spots on throat for 2 weeks

I'm always super anxious when something health-wise is troubling me, but my anxiety goes beyond that, and due to other anxiety problems I'm too anxious to go to a doctor, unless I'm really concerned.

About two weeks ago I got a sore throat and flu like symptoms. For three days I left it assuming it was the common cold. I checked in the mirror and saw my tonsils were swollen with white dots on them. At this point I was in so much pain I just had to go into the walk in center, where I was prescribed antibiotics. He didn't test anything, just took one look and saw I needed antibiotics. It was a 10 day course. Today I finished that course and my tonsils are red and blotchy, has a couple of white dots, and now I even have spots/lumps on my throat. As well has this I've developed some kind of spot or ulcer under my tongue as well as my soft pallet underneath my gums.

Should I go back to the doctor? Has anybody experienced this before? I'm nervous about it cause I always jump to conclusions like cancer or that the infection has spread. But then I do nothing about it. This time I'd like to at least try because I've been off uni for a while now, and missed time off work.

Thankyou!

Re: Swollen tonsils and spots on throat for 2 weeks

I'd go up to your GP and get it checked out, if the 10 day course didn't work for you tonsillitis then they might have to give you a different type of antibiotic like they did for my sister x

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden01 View Post
    I'd go up to your GP and get it checked out, if the 10 day course didn't work for you tonsillitis then they might have to give you a different type of antibiotic like they did for my sister x

All the best
    Thankyou for your reply, yes I may have to do that! Will gather all my courage to ring tomorrow haha. I hate phone calls, so will be a big step, but it's worth it if I get better! Thank you

Ah been there myself I used to absolutely despise phone calls they'd terrify me but I got used to it in the end, just remember its for the benefit of your health and will also be a big step towards gaining confidence x

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden01 View Post
    Ah been there myself I used to absolutely despise phone calls they'd terrify me but I got used to it in the end, just remember its for the benefit of your health and will also be a big step towards gaining confidence x

All the best
    Thanks you're right I need to just do it! I was supposed to ring at 8 but my alarm didn't go off. Typical. Will try again tomorrow. I've been able to do a few calls recently so maybe it'll be easier.

Thread Information