Thread: Too much blood for comfort.

Unhappy Too much blood for comfort.

About a month ago I passed a pretty hard stool which was painful and after wiping I noticed a bit of blood. I butt hurt for a week or so after that event but I didn't worry about it.

Fast forwarding to present day mostly every stool has been kind of painful with some blood when wiping.

Today though I passed another tough painful stool and there was so much blood it put me in a panick. There was enough blood to stain the toilet bowl red and when wiping the toilet paper was almost all blood.w

I am very nervous as this problem doesn't seem to want to go away. I don't know what is wrong and I want to say logically it is hemmoroids but another part of me wants to say it's a bit more serious. It is bright blood and not dark or anything.

I'm 19 and a recovering health anxiety sufferer but events like this seems to put me back into panic

Re: Too much blood for comfort.

Hi this ssounds haemorrhoids if its bright red blood i suffer with them and if you have them inside you tend to see more blood especially parting with a hard stool....hope this helps as i know too well its worrying at times and i too panic i have been putting haemorrhoid cream inside.☺

Hi,
    I am not an expert, but I tell you what it sounds like to me - you've tore inside your bum with a hard stool yeah? Well due to the nature of where the little tear is (if it is one), it is going to struggle to heal. Hence more blood when you go to the loo. Now, I have been on the receiving end of a hell of a lot of blood in the loo, and believe me, it is terrifying. There won't have been as much blood as you think - the toilet bowl is coated with water so the blood will have dispersed. (It's like when a woman is on her period, it seems like there's a pint of blood but in reality it's something daft like an egg cup full).
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Anal-fi...Treatment.aspx

Have a look at this link. x

I've got exactly the same as you and struggling to stay calm. I've been taking medication which has been constipating me and causing anal fissures. The blood is frightening but I can feel some pain so I know it's a cut. It's just annoying because it won't heal up.

It's worth speaking to your doctor about it. I've been a few times and had it checked out. My GP prescribed me a corticosteroid cream because I had some inflammation in the area which was causing a bit of an obstruction to bowel movements and getting frequently irritated. The steroid cream did help it to heal. I also find Germoloids cream (which you can buy in a pharmacy) helps. It's got zinc oxide (antiseptic/healing) and lidocaine (local anaesthetic) in it and it's quite soothing. Also I find putting a bit of water on the toilet paper before wiping or using unscented baby wipes can help.

You should be reassured by the fact you have a fissure, and can feel the pain.

Hey everyone, you are all probably correct. It doesn't seem to be healing and it seems every time I go the more blood there is. I am not sure what to do. I know I should go see my doc but at the same time I just want to wait it out even though its been almost a month since this has been happening.

I will check out some home remedies and try those out and at the same time try not to lose my mind. Making the entire toilet bowl blood is scary (TMI)

Hi,

I wanted to share an experience I had last summer. I'm not sure what the chances are that this is whats happening to you, but I wanted to post this somewhere where people would see it. I plant a veggie garden each year, and last spring I had a great bumper crop of beets. So...I ate loads of them. One evening I used the facilities and the WHOLE toilet bowl was red. I freaked bc I wasn't having any pain and had no idea what this could be. I was recovering from a c-section and thought maybe something had gone wrong and I was bleeding internally?! Next morning, same thing only this time it was in my urine too. My husband was out of town so I was home alone with the kids. I called my mom over to watch them and ran to the emergency room. They ran all kinds of tests, all came back normal. The Dr asked about my diet, and upon hearing that I had been eating lots of beets recently, decided to do some research. He came back a while later and told me that eating lots of beets can cause stool and urine to turn an alarming red color. This was confirmed by NOT eating any beets for 48 hours and all went back to normal. I was very shaken up by that experience though!

Angry Re: Too much blood for comfort.

I'm going through the exact same thing. I'm always constipated, it's an ongoing issue. I've had haemorrhoids for decades too. For the past couple of years I've had blood on and off. Sometimes it's in my pants, or on the toilet paper. Just now though, there's been loads dripping from my anus into the loo. I'm scared stiff, panic stricken in fact. Too petrified to go to the Doctors because of health anxieties....found something on the Internet about sea salt sitz baths, going to try.

Thread Information