Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure what to do... help!?

Not sure what to do... help!?

I have had upper right pain/discomfort for years... 8 1/2 to be exact. The pain/discomfort is worse sometimes and better other times, but is always there. I have been to GPs (4-5) and Gastroenterologists (3)... over the years we have looked at my colon and stomach with scopes, I have had 2 abdominal CT scans, 2 MRIs to look at my pancreas and multiple ultrasounds. Little things have been found over the years, but no conclusions and no end to this.

Well, now I am still feeling the discomfort, but it has changed a little bit. I am feeling a tight feeling between my right rib cage and hip. Mostly a discomfort, not really painful, but nagging. Sometimes I will feel a sharp pinch for a couple of seconds, but that seems to go away. It also feel the pain (almost like a burning sensation) 3 inches above and to the right of my belly button and also in the same spot on my back. Sometimes my right rib (bottom) feels painful to the touch....

My last pancreas MRI was in August and I have not visited my GP about this for a while. I have been so anxious lately and hyper, HYPER focused on this... can't concentrate on much else!

My husband thinks I should exercise and work on the anxiety before seeking medical advice... I agree with him I think, but the HA voice is nagging me and telling me that there is something sinister going on and that I need to have another scan right away to make myself feel better... the problem is, it NEVER has made me feel better! Not even for a few minutes! Each scan, scope, doctor visit, blood test makes me panic more, not less.

I am SO TIRED of this. What would you do?

Re: Not sure what to do... help!?

Anyone?

I am feeling very rejected by all the people who read my post and had nothing to say... I thought this forum was a place to go for support and understanding. I spend a lot of my time answering others non answered threads so they don't feel the way I am feeling.

What would you like people to say? I could say don't worry but you will anyway. I could say go and have another scan but you've told us scans don't reassure you, so how can we reassure you here? Reading your opening post you've more less summed it all up so maybe people feel there's nothing more to add.

Having a pop at people won't help either by the way. You've had alot of support from lots of people here Mochi, so your comments are a bit unfair.

ISB x

I am not insulting anyone by saying I feel hurt. I am mearly expressing feelings.
    I also was not exactly looking for reassurance, though maybe my message is not being read the way I intended it....

I am not sure what to do and was asking advice on that from others who feel as I do (anxious). I have felt so many pains that I was sure would kill me and they turned out to be nothing... I really cannot tell if I am going through that again or if I should call the doctor. I don't trust myself for some reason. I am usually good at making these calls, but this time I am not. I am going through a damned if I do, damned if I don't situation right now. I am anxious not calling the doctor, but I am also anxious calling her. Almost every scan I have done has resulted in some incidental finding that often needed to be looked at further with a more invasive test just to find that it was nothing.

I have been trying to find a counselor, but my insurance plan does not offer many options in that department and the one person they assigned me too was borderline hostile, telling me that she doesn't think anxiety is my problem and that she thinks I should tell myself I have a good life and move on. She said that she did not see anything for me to be anxious about considering I just moved into a new house and have a nice family. She honestly said these words to me and then said she was not sure what she could do for me.

I do not want to cash out my friends kindness when they don't really understand, so I came here today. A place where others can understand what I am going through. While I do post asking for help, I am not on here daily asking for support, just once in a while when things flare up. I am not an unreasonable person. I just need help sometimes, we all do no?

Sorry if you were offended, i meant no harm and was really just expressing a feeling. I am just in my own little hell right now and was hoping someone would reach out. Maybe you are right and I should just not post here anymore.

Thank you for your response

M

Why is it that when people are called out for things they've said, they go on the attack? I've seen this on a few threads today. I never said you were insulting anybody at all. I said having a pop at people for not responding to your post was a bit unfair....and it was.

Saying you won't bother with the forum at all is a bit of an overreaction don't you think? Posting about your anxiety wasn't the point, having a go at people because they weren't answering your post quickly enough was.

ISB

Wow

Wow? Are you referring to your own comments? I recall you posting from an emergency room not too long ago, almost hysterical on here because nobody was replying to you. I pull you up about the same thing today and you're saying wow to me? Priceless.

My advice about your anxiety? Do what you feel is best for you....whatever that might be.

ISB

i feel sorry for you. Really I do. You go on anxiety forums to fight with people. (I've read other comments of yours in response to people reaching out for help) That is not why I am here. I know I should keep in mind that there are a lot of attention seekers on this site and that the lense in which some people view others posts is one of judgement. You don't know me. You know nothing about me. I am not sure why I allowed myself to engage with you this far. This is a bit rediculous really. I am an intelligent person with a loving family and many friends who care and try to understand. Anxiety is a beast and makes me do things that are not rational. THIS is not rational. This whole experience is a good slap in the face. I need to talk to people who I can trust. I was silly to think a forum of anonymous people was that place. Thank you for opening my eyes. You will not hear from me again.

I would try to accept that you have had multiple doctors and multiple tests that show nothing is wrong and move on. You should feel lucky you have been examined by so many doctors and are fine. I have a serious GI disease and I would love to be able to get so many opinions and tests.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information