Thread: Please read life isnt what your mind is telling you!

Cool Please read life isnt what your mind is telling you!

So....the last 10 years I've had severe and I mean severe anxiety and depression and mental health issues I have on average 12 ecgs a year so 1 a month blood pressure tests and countless doctors appointments where they just gave me pills pills pills I was also prescribed propranolol when j didn't need it which made life worse but now I'm just on citalopram so you could say things were pretty bad was sleeping a few hours a night napping in the day and not eating at all really but last week I was mega anxious at night and had 3 HUGE palpitations back to back so I went to the doctors she did blood pressure listened to my heart did my pulse and edited my medication by removing the propranolol that the other idiot made me take! Her response? You have the healthiest heart I've heard in years! Perfect Rythem and perfect beat so she said nothing at all was wrong it's all in my mind that I'm going to have a heart attack she also added that there isn't even a 1% chance anything is wrong with my heart it's that good so yeh super happy and haven't had a palp since that appointment so don't take what your mind says for the truth I've came over a huge milestone by knowing that recently I'm sleeping every night 10+ hours and living life now I'm hoping these last few days is the start of something great! My top tips are definitely....try cut down medication for a clearer mind (worked for me), get someone close involved (my partner was ace), if you want a doctors app or 10 in a month then make them happen as it puts you at so much peace and ease, if your doctor ect isn't for you then change I've only found one woman doctor that's made me feel 10/10 and that's took me 10 years to find...., no sleeping pills, don't suffer on your own is a big one too! Sorry for rant don't think I've missed anything out I'm also 24 years old now

Re: Please read life isnt what your mind is telling you!

Thank you for your post. I'm currently suffering from debilitating panic and anxiety. I took Zoloft which added to my heart palpitations. I am currently waiting on the results of my 24 hour holtor monitor. They also did a heart ultrasound, which was normal (thank goodness). I just don't know how to move on and stop fearing every single missed beat. ANy tips? Is the citalopram helping?

Thread Information