Thread: coccyx injury

coccyx injury

hi

i fell down stairs nearly 4 months ago and i still cant sit down without pain and my anxiety levels are hitting the roof as i am scared this will not go.

has anyone done this or know how long it can take

x

Hello Susan,
    I think this type of iinjury can take months and months to get better. Have you been to doctor and had it x rayed etc? my boyf hurt his back - he got really really strong painkillers and referred to physio - after six months of dedicated stretching exercises, his back is now almost better, but he did have towork at it, and it was excruciating for ages. Sorry. ~Have you got one of those haemorrahoids cushions?!

I hurt my back years ago and it took ages to heal. I still get pain from time to time

Jo

OOoooh, I feel for you so much. My coccyx was broken during labour and it took several months to get better. It did ease to bearable quite quickly, but for a long time I felt it when I sat down.
    You can buy an 'o' shaped cushion to sit on which can help. Also, a physio who has been specifically trained in this type of injury (probably best bet would be a sports physio but not nesserarily) can give exercises to help. (don't know how, I just know that when I hurt mines a second time, a girl I know who is a physio told me that!)

Happyone

"Today is the day before tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." wisdom of my daughter!

hi i hurt my back at work a year ago, still get backache most days. it can take ages to heal.
    hope this helps a bit.

d.jones

HI Susan bunny,

Like everyone says, backs can take months. Have you had it x-rayed yet? I constantly have a backache due to arthritis type disease, so I know how you feel!

Try the usual massage, hot baths and deep heat to relax the muscles! And aromatherapy might help.

Best wishes,

Mable.

thank u 4 replying. i am going to have and mri in the next couple of weeks. this is so hard. i am going swimming now. i have health anxiety and one of biggest fears are that things wont go but i am working on it.

it made such a difference that u replied

Thread Information