Thread: How does it make you feel?

How does it make you feel?

Hi All,

This may sound like an odd question but I was wondering, for the people who have found citalopram effective, how has it helped and how does it make you feel?

I started taking it a few days ago and I’m intrigued as to how it will hopefully benefit me? i.e. will it make me feel calmer, more confident, will it make everything seem less stressful? Or will it take me back to just feeling more like a normal person again?

I’ve never taken any medication before you see so I’m really not sure what to expect.

Thanks
    Katie

Re: How does it make you feel?

Hi Katie, it kind of depends on the person and the dosage, I take 10mg per day and afetr a couple weeks it has taken the edge off my anxiety and lifted my mood a bit, however you should be aware that you may feel a bit anxious or have a slight sicky feeling, this usually happens the first week or so that you take them, if you up your dosage or if you suddenly stop them, I would advise the smallest dosage to start with which is 10 mg, all the very best Katie, Stephen x

Hello

I was put on both of these meds after i started having panic attacks that could last up to 3 hours or more.
    After the first 2 weeks which i must say was hell these tabs did infact lessen the attacks greatly.
    They picked me up and i really didn't feel anything more than less depressed which was great.
    I stayed on these tabs 10 years before they decided to change them so all in all in my case they were great.
    Hope they are the same for you

am on 10mg now several months and feel calmer

Thread Information