Thread: Anxiety? Reflux

Anxiety? Reflux

Hi,

I'm having a rough time of it at the moment with HA. Just after christmas thought I had mouth cancer.. I got over that following a trip to the dentist. Now I'm worried about my oesophagus.

It started 2 weeks ago with what felt like a trapped glad in my neck when I looked to the right. Since then I've developed awful regurgitation and feeling like something is stuck behind my chest. I've managed to accept (about 95% sure) its anxiety. Today I went to the dr's and said "I'm having horrible reflux and I think its my anxiety" She referred me for some counselling. I asked the dr if anything could be done for the reflux and she said I would have to make another appointment for that.

then I came home took a multivit and 10 mins later it came back up in my mouth.. like it hadn't even been in my stomach and it had got stuck somewhere. Now I'm starting to really worry. Other than the regurgitation I'm eating OK, no weight loss etc. I've made another appointment for the reflux for friday... I really hate this feeling and just want it to go as I find it really scary. I had something similar about 5 years ago and had a barium swallow which was fine. I really don't know what to do. I've had CBT, I guess I could try exercising to lift my mood... any ideas on how to deal with this. its making me miserable. The only time I feel OK is first thing in the morning when my stomach is empty.

xxx

Re: Anxiety? Reflux

Hi there,

first off, I know exactly what you're going through as I experience it regularly myself. In fact, the last two days have been awful for me. My food/drink wouldn't stay down and I don't mean vomiting, I mean regurgitating.

If I were you, I'd ask to have an endoscopy done. I know you've had a barium swallow done before but an endoscopy can see more than the barium swallow test.

I'm having it done next month, so I will let you know how it goes if ya like?

.....and a ninja.

Thread Information