Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Proper melt down!!!

Re: Proper melt down!!!

Thanks for the update Kay.

That sounds like a good appointment and can I say what a fab doctor you have.

There are free on line CBT courses available on line that might be worth looking at.

That combined with the meds could really turn things around for you.

We would be sad not to see you here but totally agree that you need to distance yourself from it all.

Good luck to you, I really hope that this is the turning point for you.

tc

I agree that you need to get away from here. It really won't help you in the long run. I wish you all the very best in your recovery-it'll happen if you stop googling and comparing symptoms and if you give your all to therapy in the real world x

Yeah going to try but i have made some 'friends' on here and face it you will all miss my ridiculous posts ha-ha.

Im going to honestly try the meds and try keep a positive mind about any health issue i may have.

We'll hold you to that!

I have no other option now. Thanks

This is much welcome news Kay and what a nice dr you have, start believing them on their diagnosis they know what they are doing Sometimes a break is needed to get things going and if a break from the forums is the only way then great. You have to move on for your own good so pleased that you are beginning to see the light at the end of tunnel Well done and take care

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    Hi there

Thanks for checking. Had a full blown melt down however saw the GP today. She listened to my lungs said it sounds good and clear, looked at my throat said it looks fine. I mentioned i am getting acid reflux all the way to voicebox again and ive had 3 colds lately more or less on top of each other. She says ive probably had a double whammy of reflux and a viral infection.

I mentioned my shoulder and then broke down in tears telling her i have lung cancer. She said for a start lung cancer in my age group is very rare, secondly i need extensive help with my health anxiety. I have been given relux meds and citralopam again, she has booked an appointment for me in 4 weeks to see how i have been getting on with the tablets and the cough. She was such a nice doctor too

So there you go. Going to try calm down and get these anti depressants down me and make a start on things, i have to help myself overcome this anxiety.

I guess also logging on here reading about lumps and bumps and breathing and. Owel issues doesnt help me. I might need to take a break from it all, its only a downward spiral if i dont action this problem i have and fearing life!
    I am so so pleased for you Kay

I have been thinking about you and really glad you made that visit to your GP because you desperately needed some professional reassurance.

You're right you know, constantly reading posts about others symptoms does fuel the fire with anxiety. It's such a vicious circle. You know, when I was admin on here, I used to crack up at people who said being here was making their anxiety worse. I hold my hands up now and admit I was wrong. Yes it's an amazing site (genius in fact) but if you suffer from bad HA then perhaps either limit what you read, if anything at all.

I've had a few years break now and although I will never be without anxiety, I do feel miles better.

Kudos to you Kay and good luck with the meds. I'm on Ranitidine for reflux and it works wonders. I hope you can have some peace now.

Lisa
    xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    So there you go. Going to try calm down and get these anti depressants down me and make a start on things, i have to help myself overcome this anxiety.

I guess also logging on here reading about lumps and bumps and breathing and. Owel issues doesnt help me. I might need to take a break from it all, its only a downward spiral if i dont action this problem i have and fearing life!
    Atta girl! The journey to healing starts with the first step. Remember, one foot in front of the other, one minute, one hour, one day at a time. It's not how long it takes you to get there, it's the fact you're taking the steps to do so!

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 26-01-17 at 23:38.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks all that has commented and cheered me on!

Really going to try!

All the best everyone ����

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information