Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colonoscopy on Nov. 19 - Major anxiety!

Re: Colonoscopy on Nov. 19 - Major anxiety!

@anxious848 and @Capercrohnj Thanks so much for following up.

And a big thanks for the support everyone has shown me through this process.

I had the procedure Saturday around 1pm. Two polyps were removed near the rectum that the surgeon said were completely benign. But he said the risk is now higher and requires greater diligence. So, his recommendation is to have another in 3 years. Was really hoping to get on the 10 year plan lol.

As he said, this is the value of screening. If I didn't act within 5 years things could be much worse.

anxious you are so right... the prep was worse than the procedure. PegLyte is the devil! Fortunately your recommendations on the Gatorade and Jello made it possible.

Certainly some relief and lessened anxiety but I want to improve my diet going forward. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks again!

Frank

FrankC - so happy to hear everything turned out okay! The 3 year screenings are a pain in the a$s literally but better those than having the big C!!

I'm so glad the jello and gatorade worked for you! It's really not a fun process but honestly I found it more of nuisance than anything. Now...if they could just make that liquid taste better!

I was thinking about how things went for you over the weekend. I'm really glad to hear it!! Hope you can put your mind at ease now

Great news! I get yearly colonoscopies but I rather know what's going on with my crohn's and my colon in general (i also get polyps) than leaving it up to date.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information