Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help is this prozac or my anxiety?

Re: Help is this prozac or my anxiety?

Hi Tom

numbness is a common symptom of anxiety though not one Ive had too much personal experience of. Have a good read through some of the older posts in the symptoms section and Im sure you will find people who have had it for days at a time.

Put it this way, I get chest pains as my main symptom and in the past have had them for a couple of days straight!

I did get to speak with a doctor about anxiety for an hour and a half last week which was amazing. What I learnt was that anxiety can mimic pretty much any symptom you can think of which is what makes it such a horrible illness. It constantly keeps evolving to trick you and make you panic more because its only fear which feeds it. As soon as you can stop the fear of whatever it is troubling you, the anxiety will go. Easier said than done I know and Im nowhere near there myself yet (why is it easier to dish out advice to others and not follow it yourself!? )

I would always advise you see your GP with any new symptoms you are worried about as it would be irresponsible for me not to say that but I would be pretty damn certain it is just anxiety or some minor such as a trapped nerve. This should hopefully set your mind at ease that it isnt serious.

thanks for your help really helps taking to people like you who understands and who don't panic as it makes it worst if someone was to go ... quick go doctors that don't sound good and i would non stop worrying but i have booked doctors and have got it monday just to tell him about the new symptoms but im pretty sure ive had this numb arm before. But anxiety likes playing tricks and the numb arm will probably go by monday when i got doctors lol thanks for your help.

Tom, I did not have a numb arm but one of my worst symtons was really bad jelly legs and sometimes that would just shake, it was horrible and was one of the last things to go as my medication kicked in. My Tom did have numb limbs though periodically he said, he has done so well and believe me he was very very bad but I don't think I comprehended exactly what he went through until I started to suffer in August.

I know I tried to help him as much as I could, do you have someone who can support you.

xxx

Oh yeah been there mate! Ive had about 9 or 10 ECGs over the past 7 months and not once have I had chest pains whilst Ive been wired up to it yet can have them all day some days! This isnt a co-incidence, this is my anxiety playing tricks with me to keep the doubt and fear going!

Re: PMS / Pre- Menopausal

I've just started back on Prozac again for the third time. I have been given it for PMS. I am now pre-menopausal and suffering from depression and anxiety, most likely triggerd from the death of a couple of close family members in the last year.

I wake up in the middle of the night and feel incredible angry, wanting to kill (although I know I won't - so don't worry). I don't want to do anything and just 'suffered' Christmas, which I hoped to enjoy, but frankly didn't. I'm on day five of the tablets, and thought I'd join this forum for mutual support.

I keep rejecting my husband, I literally 'hate' him. He is a non- accepting alcoholic and I have started to self medicate too. on the good side the tablets make me feel so bad after drinking, that I am cutting down, and hoping to stop drinking all together.

I feel very sad, as I am barely tolerant of my children, but love them very much. They are older and I'm sure don't understand why I spend most of my time in bed.

Is anyone else suffering PMS/pre-menstrual syndrome with anxiety and depression. If so, when is it worse and when is the best time to take the tablets?

My doctor has mentioned HRT, but as the pill made me really depressed when I was younger, I didn't want to go that route.

Janine i use to always have bad jelly legs and still do that was my main symptom i thought i had something neurological problem. It is very hard i think im on day 9 of the pills and i feel very run down like i got the flu and also tiredness and loss of appetite. I hoping they will soon work as im sure they will but citlapram did not for me. My mum is very supportive as she suffered with anxiety she is on prozac 20mg and has been years and she said they are brilliant. Although my mums anxiety was completely different 2 mine im having more symptoms she did not have the jelly legs ect and numbness it really helps go out at all. It is nice to know im not alone ive got support.

I am glad your mum is supportive and she obviously knows what you are going through even if her symptons are not the same, all the things you are describing are anxiety symptons and the fluxotiene side effects are making them all seem worse at the moment but it will al eventually calm down, my jelly legs took a while to go but they got so I could cope with them and then one day they just went away but it was the last thing to ease when my tablets kicked in and took from beginnning of Sept until October 23rd because I wrote the date down thinking they would come back but they didn't.

There is help for you here on this forum, I wish I had found it sooner, it was four weeks in when I found it and it really was a life saver.

xxxx

ok thanks for your help im thinking of trying Xanax? i just can't bare this weakness and numbness im finding it so hard im dizzzy and can't stand properly. xx

Hello, I was just wondering if you're feeling any better. I have been on fluoxetine 20mg for 5 wks. I have good days and bad days but feel thankful for the good ones. If you're feeling dizzy, tingling or some numbness a benzo may help with those side effects. Iv taken Xanax in the past for panic attacks but now the doctor prescribed me klonopin which is another benzo but has a longer half life than Xanax and works well with the fluoxetine. I still wake up feeling shaky and anxious but I'm hopeful that one of these days, I'll wake up and feel like myself again. Hang in there. This too shall pass.

so i have this fear of black holes and i just recently switched to prozac 4 days ago, i feel heavy like a black hole is near earth, what should i do or think about this?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information