Thread: Something changed with my heart

Something changed with my heart

I'm a 24 year old male and over the past few weeks, I have noticed a change regarding my heart. It started a few weeks ago with an increase in palpitations. I was noticing frequent missed beats and extra beats when laying down in the evening, and also a decline in the strength of my heart beat. My heart beat feels much softer and weaker throughout my body now, specifically in my abdomen. Sometimes I can't even feel my heartbeat without putting two fingers to my neck. Is this more normal? Probably. But it's so abnormal for me. I've always had an extremely pronounced and pounding heart beat. Probably when I was around 15 is when I first noticed it.

Other symptoms I'm having is an increased resting heart rate, fatigue, dizziness and on and off nausea. My weight and diet haven't changed but I have been extra stressed recently. But in the past my heart would only pound harder when I was more anxious or stressed.

I worry that the years of constant pounding has damaged my heart. I can't help but think my weaker pulse is because my heart has begun to fail, or there is a leak somewhere causing lower pressure in my abdomen. My blood pressure in the past has been relatively normal, I believe, except it spikes really high when I am anxious. I had a granpda who died in his 70s with an enlarged heart problem, and a grandma who died in her 60s with an aneurysm so I am worried that maybe my heart has enlarged from pumping so forcefully. Or maybe I inherited a vein malformation, affecting those in my abdomen.

Re: Something changed with my heart

Are you planning on seeing a doctor about this? That's the first thing to do just for peace of mind really. The doctor can have a listen to your heart to see if you might need further tests, or just to tell you there is nothing to worry about.

There is heart disease in my family too, my grandmother and uncle died at a young age, and my brother had a heart attack in his 40's but survived thankfully, so in the past I had a tremendous amount of fear about my heart, and also have had missed beats and flutters for most of my adult life, starting in my 20s.

I don't let it get to me these days because I'm an old lady of 63 now and still here. I've had all the tests over the years and nothing sinister ever came up. I take a beta blocker called Bisoprolol which calms my heart down very nicely

Start with your doctor then ok?
    ISB x

Thread Information