Thread: Seroquel - any good?

Seroquel - any good?

Hi all!

so seroquel any good? I been on mirtazapine 15,30 and 45 and unfortunately it gave me alcohol cravings so we spoke about something g similar and doctor has given me seroquel 25mgx2 a day... any good for anxiety?! What to expect after my first tablet? Mirtazapine never made me tired?

Re: Seroquel - any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammin69 View Post
    so seroquel any good? I been on mirtazapine 15,30 and 45 and unfortunately it gave me alcohol cravings so we spoke about something g similar and doctor has given me seroquel 25mgx2 a day... any good for anxiety?!
    Your doctor prescribed an antipsychotic for an anxiety disorder after first giving you mirtazapine, a third tier antidepressant? Is mirtazapine the only antidepressant you've tried?

Mirtazipine didn't help my anxiety or sleep.

I tried seroquel (quetiapine) for sleep and didn't have much luck but my anxiety was extreme, totally all-consuming. First time I tried 25mg quetiapine during the day while a friend was here and I just felt a bit stoned.

You might want to see how it effects you before taking it in the day. It's very sedating for some people.

Hi both thanks for your reply... I have tried sertraline, mirtazapine, pregabalin, every anti histamine going(phenergan,Atarax etc), propranolol, and nothing really works... so I am currently on 30mg mirt and now 125mg seroquel with oxazepam 10mg ( and diazepam when needed) nothing seems to control my anxiety - the depression has long gone! My psych says after a clinical bout of anxiety and depression that anxiety tends to linger longer - I'm also on my 16th session of therapy so I think doctors/psych is really hoping this seroquel will work. I seem to be immune to anything sedative like...

I have tried sertraline, mirtazapine, pregabalin, every anti histamine going(phenergan,Atarax etc), propranolol, and nothing really works... so I am currently on 30mg mirt and now 125mg seroquel with oxazepam 10mg ( and diazepam when needed) nothing seems to control my anxiety
    So, only one usually effective antidepressant for anxiety, sertraline. What was the maximum dose you took, and how long were you on this dose?

Are you certain about what dose you are supposed to be on? First you said 2 x 25 mg and now 125 mg?

Hi yes I was started on 2x25mg and I went back to doctor 2 weeks after I started and they increased my dosage to 100mg and this week I had a review with my psych and he increased it again to 50mg morning and 100mg at night but I'm currently building it up to that dosage so currently on 50mg am - 75mg pm,

Sertraline sent me loopy - I was on 50mg and 100mg

Sertraline sent me loopy - I was on 50mg and 100mg
    I still don't understand why only one SSRI/SNRI/TCA has been tried when they are the first-line drugs for anxiety (and depression). All the others are well down the list of potential choices.

Thread Information