Thread: Forgot to take my tablet!

Forgot to take my tablet!

I always take my citalopram around 8am but I've got a rotten cough and cold and not really with it at the moment and I've just realised I didn't take my tablet this morning. I've never done that before - will it make a difference that I've only just taken it now (12.20pm)?

Re: Forgot to take my tablet!

I don't think it would make much of a difference, i've often missed a tablet or two sometimes as long as you eventually took it and don't do it more than a day in a row i don't see an issue with it

Thank you Sam.

Hi, I missed a dose completely this time round and last time I was on them and didn't have a problem. As I take mine before going to sleep I couldn't really take it once I realised in the morning that I had forgotten. I just made sure I took the next dose x

That should be fine Mojo. It's not usually an issue to completely miss a dose occasionally and you just took yours a bit later. They do say not to double up if you miss one so never take two if you've forgotten the day before.

No, that meds got a long half life anyway so it's not an issue that you are getting low. I'm on a short half life med and haven't had problems with 6-9 hour changes (but on Ven standard that would be a significant problem as the half life is very short).

Taking two too close together might, might only, mean a bit more strength in play especially if the peak periods overlap that mimics a bit of a dose increase. If you know what I mean?

When I've done this and tended to spread things out a bit too adjust the times back to normal.

Thanks Terry. Pleased to report there were no ill effects from the late dose so if it happens again I won't be too concerned.

Thread Information