Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram to Fluoxetine.

Re: Citalopram to Fluoxetine.

Thanks Bike Rider for your response. I'm so encouraged that you are improving- it feels like I've been suffering for a long time. In my head I'm thinking I just need to get to 12 weeks on the original dose and then I'll start to improve. Currently on day 60 so 24 days until I get to that point.

Keep waking at six with the horrors. Ugh

I have been there, waking a 4am, so my GP gave me Propranolol to combat this and I started to take a propranolol when I woke and that helped calm me down.

I took one every morning for 4-5 months regardless of how I felt and I seemed to convince myself that I would wake up ok because of the Prop, now I have stopped as I am ok in the mornings.

After dinner speakers and such like take them for nerves, only problem is they take about 90 mins to work.

Dont be to strict on your timeline as we are all different, you may be sooner or later, just take it easy and try to relax about this, deep breathing, meditation. But Floux seems to have calmed me more so than Citalopram.

Keep me posted on how you are doing and feel.

Thanks Bike. I am finding your encouragement invaluable. It's really helped me reading this thread.
    I notice that you live in Cornwall- I'm just over the border in Devon. 😀

I've had a bit of an off 2 days but I notice that its a new moon, now I wouldnt believe such things, but talking to others and my GP who mentioned, lunatic or lunacy, and how people act different at the times.

It's the usual one for me, not believing myself, doubting myself and that starts anxiety, fear even. So I think we have to accept that blips will occur and hopefully deal with them.

Take care sweetheart. x

p.s. I am near to Helston and someone yesterday told me how her husband who is a manager In a N.H.S. hospital, says, how the security hate to be working on nights there, when it a full moon because patients act strangely.
    Last edited by Bike Rider; 14-01-17 at 11:20.

Far better week for me, very little anxiety or depression, and able to handle it when it does appear.

Day 68 or 9 - 10 weeks on the upper dose.

Still using SAD light, still seeing hypno each week, counselor every 4 weeks now.

Haven't meditated in ages, should start again.

Last 3 weeks has seen a high heart rate, resting 90-100 bpm, have put on weight and not exercised, but wouldn't expect such a high rate, so have started some fast pace walking each day.

Have started to play more chess and bridge on the internet, plus reading, this does occupy me which is a big help.

Mental health charity don't need me as a volunteer as there funding has been stopped for one on one sessions and they have plenty of help for the group ones.

Appear to be sleeping better, but feel more tired.

Hi Bike Rider. Just finished reading your journal. Would you say all in all that it was worth the swap from Cit to Fluox and that you feel better on the new med than you did on the old one?

Hi Gill, simple answer, yes.

Cit worked but after 14 months started to lose effect even at max dosage, plus I was still feeling low.

Fluox appears to be equally as good, if not better than Cit, albeit after only 4 months on both the lower and higher dosage (started 30 Sept '16) but at 30mg it can be increased to a max of 60mg, so room for maneuver.

Plus the other things, I definitely would try clinical hypnotherapy, it seems to me to work.

Take care and if you need to know anything else, just ask.

Funny week, some good days and some not so good. New moon today though.

Still raised heart rate, but have also had my brisk walk every day too.

Not much more to add really. Anxiety strength is no worse indeed better if anything, but still get silly thoughts.

Still doing the other things, hypno etc.

Far better week now, very little anxiety and very much more calmer.

Getting back to doing things again, indoor cycling to lose weight and get fitness back.

Still on Fluox, still using SAD light, still drinking lol.

I now play chess on line and have met a couple of nice people, this occupies me and is a big help, plus one or two have been where we are so can chat about it.

Still doing hypno once a fortnight now and counselor every 4 weeks now.

Heart rate seems to be more steady too.

Another good week for me and better sleep too.

Still indoor cycling, SAD light, hypno and counselor.

Still get thoughts if I am not occupied, but can manage them.

3 months now on the upped dose.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information