Thread: Regular palpitations

Regular palpitations

Hi I have been getting regular palpitations. It is a very unpleasant experience. I have captured them on my heart rate app and an example is attached. Is there any way to tell from this if I should be concerned? I have not been to the doctors yet. Thanks for any advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Regular palpitations

Good grief, you do know this is a forum for anxiety sufferers yes? Not sure what posting a heart reading will achieve. Somebody else posted a photo of their internal colonoscopy exam asking us to take a look. Unless there are any doctors among us, nobody here can really tell you if that reading is normal or not. These phone apps cause more harm than good

If by palpitations you mean you feel like your heart misses beats, skips beats etc, these are normal and alot of us experience them. You really need to talk to your doctor first though as nobody here can diagnose you sorry.

Let us know what the doctor says though yes?
    ISB x
    Last edited by Catherine S; 17-01-17 at 01:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellymarie View Post
    Hi I have been getting regular palpitations. It is a very unpleasant experience. I have captured them on my heart rate app and an example is attached. Is there any way to tell from this if I should be concerned? I have not been to the doctors yet. Thanks for any advice.
    Unfortunately, like ISB is saying, there is no way we could tell you in your case and really seeing a doctor is the best thing to do for sure; gives you peace of mind too. But keep in mind that palpitations or irregular heartbeats are a common side effect from anxiety\panic disorder; even when you don't think you feel anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    Somebody else posted a photo of their internal colonoscopy exam asking us to take a look.

ISB x
    That's not good!
    Last edited by PanickyGuy; 17-01-17 at 04:08.

Personally, I'm most amused with pics taken of the inside of the mouth. Looks like a pink cave to me and I can only imagine the acrobatics needed to achieve a good shot

Apps, home testing equipment and the like are not needed unless directed by a medical professional. Granted, fit watches and apps are beneficial to someone that exercises regularly and is trying to achieve a goal but to a HA sufferer?.. Nope!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information