Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chest and Stomach Anxiety (I think!) sufferer finally introduces himself

Re: Chest and Stomach Anxiety (I think!) sufferer finally introduces himself

Hi guys. Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply to my thread.

I'm two weeks into the Lanzorpozole and I have noticed a big difference in my symptoms as i'm not getting nearly as many.

Part of me thinks this is the tablets but another part thinks its a combination of the placebo effect and the positive test results I've been given by the doctors which has put my sub conscious at rest.

Bella - thanks for the recommendation on the Buscopan, I've often wondered if there's a bit of IBS going on so will take that into consideration.

Dasani I hope you're progressing well

FrankC - I'm really happy that you've described the same symptoms - it's not just me!!! I too have had instances where the spasms have happened at night and can agree its very scary! I'd be interested to hear how the stress test goes, what does that involve?

Quote Originally Posted by AccountantAndy View Post
    FrankC - I'm really happy that you've described the same symptoms - it's not just me!!! I too have had instances where the spasms have happened at night and can agree its very scary! I'd be interested to hear how the stress test goes, what does that involve?
    Hi Andy, as I understand it, you basically get on a treadmill and they measure your heart function. I did get this sensation in the past while exerting during exercise so he wants to do this test.

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Hi Andy,

I can definitely identify with you. I had my first panic attack when I was 24. Definitely thought I was having a heart attack. I went to the doctor and got a blood test...of course everything came back negative.

What has helped me is trying to get out and walk or run. Being able to take in nature has helped me calm my mind.

Hi everyone.
    After a decent couple of weeks I've had a bit of a relapse the last few days experiencing more regular "spasms". Trying to stay positive in that a lot of my other symptoms have stayed away. It's just frustrating the main source of my worry, these "silent spasms", seem to have returned. Just over a week until my course of tablets are finished so I'll be heading back to the doctors for a review after that.

Hi Andy I'm glad your test results came back fine and that the spasms have Seemed to calm down a bit. Mine is definitely stress related too. Even if it's stress or anxiety I don't feel is happening until well... you know the rest and so does the bathroom :/
    I'm trying to work on a healthy mind and a happy mind to reduce my stress . I know I have to live with how my body works when it is stressed. But I find that doing positive things that make me feel happy calm and comfortable will hopefully help me learn to be more in control in control of my body and therefore help me be more sociable.. for example I enjoy walking and reading and have just started meditation as it's a good way to me more in control of your body. ( there's an app called headspace which has helps me be calm and accept my body). It's tables help in emergencies when I need to be somewhere my body isn't quite ready to leave the house. (Anyway im going to shut up now haha)
    Have you found anything else recently which has had a positive affect on you??

Hi LJ, thank you for your post and I'm glad to hear you are progressing well on your path. I'm still in the process of going to and from the doctors and had an Endoscopy before Christmas to which I'm due back to discuss results etc tonight. I posted about that experience on the Endoscopy forum if you're interested. Pleasing thing for me is the Doctors are being very thorough and as the various test are coming back as normal it does seem to be confirming the issues i'm having are more mental. My spasms have returned a little more regular this week and it can't be a coincidence my appointment is this evening! I'm going through a process of changing my lifestyle etc and the meditation thing is something that does interest me, as does Yoga. Thanks for the mention of the app, I'll take a look.

Hi Andy it's nice to hear some doctors are doing their job property. My doctors are too busy to really focus on your long term problems and you get send away a lot sad truth but there you go. Also sorry about the grammar in my messages, hopefully you get the main points. I'm typing from my phone quickly so I don't lose my trail of thought so mistakes are made a lot oops!!
    The mind is a very powerful thing and although physical things are happening to your body it's likely to be triggered subconsciously in your brain.. this year I really need to focus on being happy healthy relaxed comfortable and confidence as I really do believe that it will help calm down my physical reactions. The meditation is something that not everyone believes in but if it's practiced regularly it can make a huge impact on how you approach Day to day life. It has done positive things for me so far... yoga will be my next step

AccountantAndy,

I have been reading your thread and I think it could well be acid reflux.
    I get similar symptoms to what you have described and I also get bouts of this.

Have you thought about looking at your diet?
    As a med free person, I have had to find other ways of battling my symptoms.
    I do know and have experienced these symptoms with certain types of foods.
    Like; processed food, fizzy drinks, red meat, fried or greasy food, chocolate and dairy.
    It may be a coincidence, but my pain and discomfort comes alongside any of these and tends to last for a few days.
    Just a thought.

This is a very good point too. As I produce a lot of acid (it increases when I'm stressed) I have to watch how much "junk" I eat. I drink a lot of water and rarely drink anything fizzy. I watch how much dairy I intake and fatty foods as this doesn't help when I have anxiety. I tend to have to take a lot of anti acid tablets to battle this.

Hi guys

Thanks again for the replies.

I've made a real concerted effort with diet recently. Whilst I haven't noticed any specific triggers relating to my diet this whole experience has made me look at myself. I decided it was a good a reason as any to review.

I'm a massive coffee fan (the proper stuff, none of this instant malarkey) but have tried to curb the frequency of this delightful beverage.

I've also took to making home made fruit smoothies and veg soups for snacks/lunches to increase my 5 a day intake.

It's a long haul game but hopefully all will help toward reducing my symptoms, especially when I'll be off the tablets in three weeks, hopefully for good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information