Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
So just to turn it around a little on what fishman said and I do appreciate that he gives a lot of his time to this forum when I'm sure he has better things to do with his time , you say if an anxiety sufferer was in your body for a day they'd think they were dying but a lot of us on here do think that on a daily basis and no amount of tests will convince us other wise , if you imagine a gun being pointed at your head and someone saying you are going to die the fear is the same regardless of wether there is a bullet in the gun , and the pain side I have both worn discs in my back which is excruciating when bad but the chest pain I get from anxiety is just as bad and twice as scary , the other point is when anxious I personally am on full alert things appear brighter , louder and more intense so pain which is in our head can feel ten times worse as we focus on it and no amount of pain killers take it off , it's just my perspective on pain and anxiety I wasn't always this way so I can remember what it was like before hand ,other sufferers may disagree but I just thought I'd put my side across , ps hope your wife is doing better fishman I don't trawl through the forum anymore found it a bit counter productive, take care .
Thanks for asking about my wife Buster. It's about the same. She's finally felling better after the surgery. We're still dealing with cognitive issues and now, nearly two months after she was discharged from the hospital, were still below normal in cognitive testing. It's one day, one step at a time and many days two steps back.

Concerning your comparison. What I'm saying about my body for example... I have neuropathy in my feet, neck and left shoulder. I could imagine a HA sufferer interpreting the symptoms and pain I get from it to be diabetes to MS to you name it and never thinking neuropathy (which sucks but is not sinister).

Your gun comparison is a good one. Personally, I'm uncomfortable with firearms and I would feel uncomfortable having a gun pointed at my head even if I knew there were no ammunition in it. That being said, if it were a gun that had the barrel sealed or a prop, that's a different story. I guess that's the difference I'm putting out there. I have the same issues with my back and in fact, the last week has been hell but never in my wildest imagination or thoughts has the word cancer popped up. All the physical ailments I have are painful but I know what they're from and I don't freak out about them.

That being said, I have angina. THAT one gets my heart going... literally. The pain from angina is very similar to the beginnings of a heart attack. I have nitro for it. There's about a 5-10 minute window when I'm sitting there thinking "Crap! Am I going to have to get to the ER?"... Because if the nitro doesn't lessen the symptoms, it's not the angina. That to me would be that gun you speak of. If you're saying that all these fairly innocent niggles turn into that loaded gun all the time? No, I cannot even begin to imagine living that way. If I were stricken with that, All I know is I would do whatever I could to fix it because that's not living.

Thank you for offering that perspective. It was enlightening.

Positive thoughts