Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper melt down!!!

Re: Proper melt down!!!

Kay you have a cold this is what it feels like.

As others have said the shoulder pain could also be due to acid reflux.

In the past few months you have had bowel cancer, breast cancer and now lung cancer.

I am not saying this to be unkind but each time you have been convinced and yet it has turned out not to be true.

You seriously need some help to teach you how to deal with these fears and think logically.

The shoulder pain has ben present since Oct when i moved. Do you think its muscular? Im sorry im a mess with it all!

I know you are really struggling, and as I said I wasnt trying to be unkind.

It could be coming from any number of things, and none of them serious.

I know I hurt my shoulder a few years ago, not even sure what I did, but it took close to 6 months to come right again.

You also said the pain is worse if you eat late at night, that makes me think of your acid reflux.

Have you got your stomach issues and reflux under control?

Honestly Kay, nothing you are saying sounds bad and if your GP is aware then obviously they arent worried either.

The only advice I can give is to do something to get the HA under control, otherwise you are going to be constantly panicking about one part of your body or another.

I think you know the answers.x

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    It happens with me when i eat late at night ive noticed. It literally wakes me up choking and coughing it out! I tried PPI's for 6 months and still got it so stopped it
    Yeah but if you were smoking at the time - the PPI's are not going to be much help. Because the PPI's just inhibit the proton pump acid producers somewhat in your stomach, which doesn't stop whatever is left (remaining acid) in your stomach from coming up through the stomach sphincter muscle into your esophagus, while being relaxed because of the nicotine effect.

If I were you, I would seriously consider getting some Tums, Gaviscon or something at least. Which could help reduce a lot of the miserable symptoms you're going through right now, instead of having to put up with your anxiety making you think it's something dire.

I don't see how you can stand that acid coming up your esophagus like that after you eat, especially the choking and coughing afterwards. That would get on my nerves and cause my anxiety to go off the charts, like in your current case. It's no wonder.

I and a few of my friends have had 3 colds in the last 2 months. Just been a bad period for getting the cold I guess?

As for the coughing and shoulder pain together... Sounds like it's from you coughing heavily maybe? Lots of deep sharp breaths from coughing has given me shoulder, back and chest pains in the past.

Shoulder pain has been around for a while not just started, coughing woke me last night. Pain or coughing that wakes is not good. Ill have to go see the GP again!

Seriously if that were my criteria for going to the GP I would never be away.

Ask her for some help with this HA as it is spiralling out of control

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    Shoulder pain has been around for a while not just started, coughing woke me last night. Pain or coughing that wakes is not good. Ill have to go see the GP again!
    Seriously Kay, you have to have some self-discipline with this.

I know I seriously cannot stop this its driving me mad.........I am petrified...I had a panic attack in the car to work this morning, had to stop the car and start breathing properly....

Pathetic.....I KNOW

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information