Thread: Hair Loss

Hair Loss

I'm so fed up. My hair is coming out in handfuls and I'm definitely developing a bald patch near my parting. I'm too frightened to wash my hair more than twice a week now because more and more is coming out at each wash.

Could this be a side effect of citalopram? Will it grow back?

Re: Hair Loss

Ive read that it can be a very rare side affect but not sure how true it is. Maybe its the extreme stress/anxiety thats causing it. x

Yes I thought of that Polly - or the menopause

It happens to me Mojo and I am not on Meds.

Think it comes with high levels of stress and lack of sleep both caused by anxiety.
    It doesn't make any difference if you wash your hair too often, but too much brushing can make it worse. A gentle head massage helps it a bit, but it does grow back.

I am sure I asked this before, but have you had your iron/ferritin levels checked lately that can cause hair loss. Also your thyroid a lot of people end up thyroid problems after menopause....

How are you feeling with your increase to 20mg?

You can try massaging your hair with coconut oil. Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants, and has antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. When used on hair, it improves scalp health, fights infections and fungus, supports hair growth, all while adding volume and shine without the common harmful chemicals.

Yes! It definitely happened to me the last time I was on Lexapro which is a similar medication. I had been on it about 2 months when I noticed the hair loss. It was coming out in handfuls . I stopped taking it because of that. It is a side effect. Rare, but still a side effect. It took about 6 months for the loss to stop and another 6 months for it to grow back in as thick as it had been before .

In previous year I was facing hair loss problem but I don’t tell anybody about my problem. I search on internet various hair loss treatments and I come to know about Hair transplant Surgery. I started to do some research about Hair Transplant Clinic and doctor and decided to go with AK Clinics (Delhi). I had undergone hair transplant surgery from very renowned Doctor Kapil Dua and now I am very happy because I have got the natural hair results within year.
    Last edited by rohit7896; 23-05-17 at 14:03.

Thread Information