Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So scared.

Re: So scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Pepperpot, there cam be many other reasons for this, not just the dreaded C.

I have a friend in a similar condition and it turned out to be an infection.
    The fact that you have stopped bleeding is a good sign.
    But, I know what you mean about fearing the worst and being able to support others when you can not give the same practical and soothing advice to yourself.

Your mum's condition will be affecting your anxiety and I know that anxiety can cause excruciating pain throughout the body. The pain I have had in my chest has been so bad that it feels like a heart attack and this sort of pain can occur anywhere in the body, just through anxiety!

In the meantime, while you wait for results, eat as healthy as you can and getting plenty of rest. x

I can't eat :( Feel sick
    I haven't even had a drink this weekend!! I can tell my mam thinks I am pregnant or something cos she looked at me really oddly when I went over to hers on Saturday night for the X factor and made meself a cup of tea lol.
    x

When I had mine done, they found some little abnormalities, which they biopsied and came back fine, which frankly irritated me as I'd been experiencing bowel problems for several years up to that point and was hoping they'd find something. In my lowest days I actually would have welcomed cancer, so I could at least know what it is that's destroying my life.

I would say to you not to worry, but I know that's literally impossible but I'll repeat what others have said, there is literally a list as long as your arm of things that cause bowel issues (including bleeding) and cancer is one of the rarer on the list in comparison to the others.

Just focus on getting yourself through the test because worry does make bowel issues worse, take it step by step.

Thanks all.
    I'm at my pre-assessment now and they are running over half an hour late so I've come to sit in the car rather than sit in a room full of people who look as miserable as I do

Hi, I've been following your posts. You sound like you've been having a tough time of it lately. Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and hope you get some answers soon.

Tracey

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    Hi, I've been following your posts. You sound like you've been having a tough time of it lately. Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and hope you get some answers soon.

Tracey
    Thank you x

---------- Post added at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:47 ----------

Well, Im back with an update.
    So, they were running late - great start. Anyway, the nurse came and got me as we went into a little room, and she asked me why I was there. Odd, I thought, but I told her - have had bleeding for few years, had sigmoidoscopy last year (it was last June - I checked), blood in stools, and lately been having bad stomach pain so doc sent me to A&E - they went down the gynae route and found nothing, went back to docs who asked for a stool sample and also referred me for this procedure (well a CT colonoscopy cos I had told her about my fears). So, I was here.
    My GP had referred me, and the info must have went to the hospital, as they knew about me coming. However, the information on why I was there (as in the actually referral) wasn't sat in front of the nurse, and all she had was last years sigmoidoscopy report. So, she rang my GPs surgery. Oh yes, the referral was there said the recepionist, but we cannot send it over as the GP who asked for it isn't in. Ace! Then, also, a doctor at the hospital must have seen my referral, and asked "why is this lady coming in for a colonsocopy when she had a sigmoidoscopy last year? However, as this discussion had taken place with my GP, the nurse couldn't access whether or not the hospital doctor had ruled it out or not.
    So, I was sat in the little room, and the nurse had no clue as to why I was there (apart from what I had told her), and if I was to have the colonoscopy or not. Oh and it was not a CT one, as if I wanted that, I would have to go back into the system and that might take ages. So, I thought I would ask the nurse some questions, as that what a pre-assessment is for yeah? So I said, what reasons could my calprotectin be high? Oh, inflammation. Next question. Can alcohol cause it? Doubtful, but unsure. Could it be IBS that causes it, or is that a definite no-no? Not sure - maybe an IBS nurse would know. And, if the hospital doctor says I do not need a colonoscopy, why on earth are my calprotectin levels high? In your blood? What? Well were they high in your blood? Err no I told you a stool sample. Oh well they can test it from your blood too. (I have googled this and cannot see anything of the sort). These questions are good, but I dont know the answers to them she said. ****ing great.
    So, I have a colonoscopy booked, but she doesn't know if it is within the timeframe it is meant to be, as she has no info. And I am even more anxious than I was before the appointment. She said she will ring in a few days to tell me more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information