Thread: Low Testosterone?

Low Testosterone?

Has anyone ever had a problem with having Low T? My GP says i'm sort of below average but not dangerously low, and i've read all sorts of things about TRT injections that make me think "do i really need them?". The Endocrinologist hasn't suggested them yet, but i feel like he will do. I've had blood tests and a karyotyping test which i was terrified i had klinfelters syndrome (to which the secretary said "He told us to file it away, we would have told you if it was bad") Which i hope is true because i've read some bad stuff about low T leading to infertility and stuff.

My question is basically, can a year of anxiety/panic attacks/medication to deal with them forcibly lower your testosterone? And can you bring it up naturally? I hear excercise and dieting works but i'd like some input form people who've experienced it.

Re: Low Testosterone?

I'd say that a year of anxiety plus meds to deal with it could conceivably affect hormone levels.

If so, the main thing is to beat the anxiety, and your hormones will probably take care of themselves.

Thank you, i will be doing my best to hopefully "restore the balance" so to speak.

I think my biggest fear at the minute is being told i've got some incurable syndrome like klinefelters or somerthing when i meet the endocrinologist in 4 weeks time.

Though i try to tell myself, it was anything bad, it wouldn't have taken 2 months and me ringing them up for them to get back to me right?

I guess I'm just scared my testosterone won't ever recover :(

My total was down last year...I lost some weight, slept a bit more, and exercised .....total is now normal..,working on the free which continues to be low.....if you are on a station, they can definitely lower your T......I started exercising more and was able to stop the statin and cholesterol came down as the total T went up. I'm 69 btw.

Oh that sounds fantastic, what do you mean by "on a station" though? I'll definitely do my best to excercise more and sleep more and even lose weight if it helps out that much.

Follow up appointment with the Endocrinologist on Thursday and i'm absolutely pooping my pants that he's going to tell me something horrendous. I really don't want my fertility affected by TRT injections or anything like that. I feel at a loss!

So i met with the endocrinologist again today, he said i didn't have any sort of syndrome and he's struggling to find out what the issue with my ED is.

He's said to meet him in 4 months and to make lifestyle changes. Will excercising more and eating better really help my T? I'm due a sperm analysis at the end of the month too, because he wants to check it before asking if i want to go on injections. Am i able to refuse to go onto injections until i'm older? I don't really want it to mess with any/or sperm production i have right now.

Thread Information