Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Long Will Side-Effects Last

Re: How Long Will Side-Effects Last

After few more days i felt better. I am using esci with baclofen and tianeptine. Three days ago i increased dosage from 5 to 10 mg, fog hit me again.
    So, when i am increasing dosage will side effects last as long as when i started drug for first time or less?

I reckon the side-effects will not last as long when you increase the dose. I didn't have nausea when I upped my dose from 10 to 15 mg a few weeks back.

Over 6 weeks for me now, had a horrible day on Friday and didn't want to keep taking them but did and had a much better weekend. Back taking them in the mornings now.

I take 10 mg for 3 days and developed HORRIBLE alcohol craving. (google it, i cannot submit link becaus i have no more than 10 posts)

So i come back to 5 mg but i dont feel as good as previous on 5mg. My mental chatter is loud again.

I guess I'm at 6 weeks now.

I'm still having a lot of GI (upper and lower) trouble. On Tuesday I went out for lunch and couldn't finish my meal because I felt liked I was going to Ralf. I'm having heartburn on a fairly regular basis. Lots of burping, often accompanied by heartburn. Nausea some days. I cut way back on dairy, not sure if it's done any good.

Additionally, I'm back to taking my dose in the morning.

And now i become impotent. No morning erections. Type in google escitalopram impotence. I cannot post links before i post 10 messages.

Is this unique to escitaroplam?

I was few years on sertraline and have so such side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    And now i become impotent. No morning erections. Type in google escitalopram impotence. I cannot post links before i post 10 messages.

Is this unique to escitaroplam?

I was few years on sertraline and have so such side effects.
    All SSRIs have the potential to cause sexual dysfunction. If you are concerned about it I would suggest consulting your GP.

Nim

I was given Sertraline and it landed me in A&E so everyone is different, I am on 20mg of Amitriptyline (4th day) and still going through hell and was told Amy is easy next to SSRI's. But it's no different to when I was getting on Lexapro, which sadly just never worked for me despite going on max dose. But it works fantastic for other people. It just never took my anxiety away which is what I suffer with not depression. Hmm, AD's def mess up your love life but a small price to pay I thought, to feel normal again. It's happens very different for a man though, lol.

I've was on citalopram for a long time an it was so long ago I can't remember too much of the side effects as I had an illness at the same time. I do remember having stomach problems and anything I ate gave me terrible problems with trying to digest. It did go away but I couldn't tell you how long it took. I am now on escitalopram which I hope will work as well as citalopram did, stick with it cos when it works it's worth the initial side effects.

Debs

The upset stomachs will calm down after a while. MAke sure you have a full belly before taking it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information