Thread: Panicattacks and depression due to COMMON COLD virus?

Panicattacks and depression due to COMMON COLD virus?

Can someone relate to suddenly panic attacks due to a virus/common cold?

I feelt ok since for few weeks ago,I giot a suddenly bad panic attack,even if I already had taken 1mg xanax.
    I was driving to hospital because I freaked out with a feeling that it burned inside my chest and stomach + the bad anxiety,dizziness and strange thoughs.
    Everything was fine with the blood tests,but I had some virus.
    I guess the common cold hasnt blooming up at 100%,its just there and very longtermed. Im feeling bad.

Also I feel depressed and very disconnected (depersonalization) Can someone relate?

Re: Panicattacks and depression due to COMMON COLD virus?

I can't but to me it sounds it's perhaps more stress related? Are you Swedish? If not, just merely being in a foreign country and being in perhaps a somewhat lonely position, perhaps coping with the language and the Swedes (who are not always the most welcoming and open of people when it comes to greeting and accommodating someone they don't know) - all of that can probably trigger anxiety and stress.

But I can relate to your country flag though!

I actually can. When I feel ill physically, without fail my panic & depression kick into high gear. Not even just illness but cold weather in general. I am definitely have more anxiety & depression episodes in the winter months.

Hi LadyMarlene

Well we're already on high alert ⚠ with the anxiety, so having a common cold or flu which i do have right now will magnify symptoms because our bodies are fighting both virus and anxiety plus being run down with it all will bring a multitude of unwanted symptoms... I had two panic attacks yesterday they were horrible and left me drained then the temperature kicked in so i took 2 paracetamol which brought the fever down.. I'm worse today and totally agree with your thread because it's a battle until we sweat it out and we're left with the green dragon �� battle (anxiety) .. Depersonalization is a bitch like watching yourself from the outside in horrible almost dream like.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

Hi all,

I've also felt very panicky and anxious this past week, after coming down with flu. I'd made great strides with myself over the past three months or so, feeling much less anxious due to a number of positive changes in my life - the main one being meeting my girlfriend - but now I have the feeling I'm back to square one, due to having an anxiety attack / fainting episode at work that I feel was brought on by flu, and lifting a heavy item.

Work have been very understanding since I started there, as I've wanted to regulate myself and manage attacks on my own. However now I'm due to go to Occupational Health (partly because of anxiety, and work are wanting to help me try to get an understanding of my concerns over possibly being autistic / aspergers)

Thread Information