Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lost / deleted thread

Re: lost / deleted thread

Perhaps no queries came Terry, because most of those examples were harmful to yourself and not to defenceless children.

Cath

bingo. an urge to harm yourself or other adults is one thing, anything involving children is something else entirely.

Murdering adults isn't as big an issue?

That's funny because that's not what the law says.

And POCD threads have been posted on here before I joined. So, where have the complaints been? They were about little children too.

If you had been reading the OCD board for years you would have seen all the harm based threads about harming loved ones, including children (non sexual). I gave an example of mine, you still see tons of threads by others.

I find this staggering now. Murder is worse!

---------- Post added at 04:27 ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 ----------

From the article about OCD on NMP:

Sex – Sexual impulses/images/thoughts that can be extremely disturbing. Thoughts about molesting your own or other people's children. Doubts on your own sexuality. Looking at a person of the same sex is enough to trigger this since they feel they may be giving out signs of being Homosexual, or they may feel a Homosexual will "contaminate" them just by passing by them. Thoughts or images of a violent sexual nature towards others

Maybe a blog endorsed by being on the MIND site may help?

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s.../#.WGSNosunwj0

Or:

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s.../#.WGSO0Munwj0

Note where it says:

Anxiety and arousal
    Intrusive sexual thoughts may lead you to constantly monitor and check your genitals. This attention and the anxiety you are feeling may actually increase blood flow and physical arousal. This can make you feel as if you are aroused by the intrusive thoughts when in fact the opposite is true. Many people with this type of OCD call this 'groinal response

MIND also suggest visiting OCD UK for more detailed information and link to their descriptions page:

http://www.ocduk.org/types-ocd

Sexual Intrusive Thoughts - Obsessive thoughts of unintentionally causing inappropriate sexual harm (i.e. to children) unintentionally, or the constant questioning of one’s own sexuality are the main focuses for these obsessional doubts. Obsessional thoughts can include:

Fearing being a paedophile and being sexually attracted to children.
    Fearing being sexually attracted to members of one's own family.
    Fearing being attracted to members of the same sex (homosexual OCD) or for those who are gay fear of being attracted to members of the opposite sex.
    Thoughts about touching a child inappropriately.
    Intrusive sexual thoughts about God, saints or, religious figures.
    The constant analysing and questioning of one’s own sexual preferences, or the thought of being attracted to a child, are perhaps two of the most mentally disturbing aspects of OCD and, because of the nature of the thoughts, many sufferers are reluctant to seek help from health professionals, fearing they may be labelled.

A person that experiences these types of intrusive thoughts will avoid public places, like shopping centres, in an attempt to avoid coming into close contact with children. They may also avoid spending time with younger members of the family. For a parent with this form of the illness they avoid bathing and hugging their own children which can lead to emotional distress for both children and parent

So, will too leading charities do? I've posted more detailed info from a licensed clinical psychologist who actually treats clients in the US and what he says matches to this too but that was criticised on one thread yet none of us are trained.

Maybe you will trust the article on NMP?

To me it does seem as if the OCD umbrella can be stretched to cover a whole range of disturbing and questionable activities/ruminations. I suppose this is where the whole OCD and the Law question comes in and where lawyers and psychiatrists make their money. I always thought that convicted paedophiles could be tormented by their thoughts as well?

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

I can also see how criminals could find the POCD label to be very targetable. It's a very dangerous area in my opinion and one that needs to be handled with professional expertise only.

Terry that's what happened to the thread it's not closed but a message saying something along the lines of your posting privilges etc or your account is awaiting activation. Anyway The negativity point was not aimed at you or any one else simply I was saying Negative thoughts in side ones head can be very damaging so no worries
    I too am old school and not a lover of the PC brigade sorry but that's me. Any way I was puzzled by Dave1's comment Felt that it was strange to say that but there we are, I think some of us lost the focus of trying to help the OP and while none of are getting in to a big argument we are side tracking from the OP's problem

The thread was closed as it was descending into an argument which was of no help to the OP.

The OP was contacted and is aware of the reasons for closing his thread and as far as I know he is fine with that.

I didn't realise it was closed just kept getting a message saying posting privelges or awaiting account activation. Thanks for letting us know Elen

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Terry that's what happened to the thread it's not closed but a message saying something along the lines of your posting privilges etc or your account is awaiting activation. Anyway The negativity point was not aimed at you or any one else simply I was saying Negative thoughts in side ones head can be very damaging so no worries
    I too am old school and not a lover of the PC brigade sorry but that's me. Any way I was puzzled by Dave1's comment Felt that it was strange to say that but there we are, I think some of us lost the focus of trying to help the OP and while none of are getting in to a big argument we are side tracking from the OP's problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    The thread was closed as it was descending into an argument which was of no help to the OP.

The OP was contacted and is aware of the reasons for closing his thread and as far as I know he is fine with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    I didn't realise it was closed just kept getting a message saying posting privelges or awaiting account activation. Thanks for letting us know Elen
    No, we are talking about the latest thread which is still not there.

Bigboyuk - fair enough in the negativity, I understand what you mean now. There was no side tracking in the latest one other than the bit at the end which was why I reported it so it could be stopped before it starts.

Sorry Terry if it is not the thread that I am referring to then I am unsure which one is being queried.

Its possible that the OP deleted the thread themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    To me it does seem as if the OCD umbrella can be stretched to cover a whole range of disturbing and questionable activities/ruminations. I suppose this is where the whole OCD and the Law question comes in and where lawyers and psychiatrists make their money. I always thought that convicted paedophiles could be tormented by their thoughts as well?

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

I can also see how criminals could find the POCD label to be very targetable. It's a very dangerous area in my opinion and one that needs to be handled with professional expertise only.
    Then we can't talk about a fair about of OCD on here then. I can't talk about my intrusive thoughts either since they were about violence, which could be misused by psychos.

MIND, OCD UK, etc take am opposite view to this and approve of discussion because sufferers hide due to the potential for stigma.

I understand your concern but that's shutting out OCD sufferers just in case.

OCD sufferers find these thoughts abhorrent. Paedophilia doesn't work like that and neither do intrusive thoughts. A paedophile feeling guilt or remorse is totally different since prior to that they enjoyed their fantasies & acts.

My thoughts were violent & murderous. Do we have violent criminals who regret their actions?

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Sorry Terry if it is not the thread that I am referring to then I am unsure which one is being queried.

Its possible that the OP deleted the thread themselves.
    I think you guys did. It wasn't just deleted, it vanished which I've seen you do. It was just after I reported it and the OP wasn't online.

Since Venus posted not long before, I assumed it was her.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information